V313W "printer home" functions not working.

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

V313W "printer home" functions not working.

This question is not answered

Most of the DELL PRINTER HOME functions do not work.

I have done a clean re-install of Windows xp, thru Service pack 3. I installed the Dell v313w printer, using Administrator account. The printer was already configured (and still works from other network computers), so I installed "on a new computer". Everything works fine from this account. But.. when I logon using my limited acct logon, most of the DELL PRINTER HOME functions do not work, e.g. clean print nozzles, check ink levels etc. Simply printing works. I've tried promoting my security to allow "manage printer" etc. When I click on "Wireless printer setup", I get an error message: "The system cannot find the file specified: dleaini.ini". I have uninstalled/installed about 8 times (trying to fix other issues as well), using Add/Remove Programs, uninstall etc etc.. I have downloaded the latest install programs from Dell (R307026.exe) and firmware. I've added a new limited logon, and everything works there. I've even promoted myself to administrator, but no change. Is there something not being un-installed?

All Replies
  • mk26,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the desktop/notebook system utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of tghe drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

For the printer, try running Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Uninstall the printer, start, control panel, add/remove programs.

Restart your computer.

Go to Windows Updates click on custom and download and install .net framework, needed to run many applications. You need to have ALL vesrions in order for it to work on an XP machine. Make sure you have Download Latest Java

After that is done, insert the printer disk or use the downloaded drivers from Dell V313 All-In-One Printer owners thread The OCR Program will need to be installed to be able scan a document.

Virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Thanks for your response. I have had nothing but problems installing this printer from day 1. It's starting to look a lot like the dark days of dos..

The system is a Dell Dimension 8300, circa 2004. I followed the software installation "correct order" as best I could.. it had no "system utility" cd; just a "reinstallation" cd (xp) and a "system software" cd. I believe I installed a downloaded version of the chipset software.

I've tried again after installing Java 6, and verifying that .NET is installed (via windows update.. no change). Cleared print queues, uninstall, remove programs (not available, since uninstall removed it), unplug printer, clear router settings, restart, install drivers. Same result. 3 hrs later.

Again, it works on administrator accounts and new user accounts. I thought file security levels might be causing the problem, so I promoted my limited logon acct to have "full control" from c:\. No change.

Part of the install informs me that the software has not passed Microsoft testing. I have also noticed the following error during reboots in the SYSTEM EVENTS:

Description:

Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the dleaCATSCustConnectService service to connect.

mk

• mk,

Ah, yes, XP.

Change the account from limited user to unrestricted. Install the printer on that account. After the installation is complete, then change the account back to limited user.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• Rick,

I suspect there's an issue with security/permissions of my logon since new logons work. I've opted to cut my losses and delete/renew my logon (let's see what problems THAT creates!). All I'll lose is a week of setting up my desktop, my desk, cabinets, curtains, walls etc. etc.. As they say, thanks for playing!

The setup for this product is more fragile than most..

mk

• mk,

Since new logins work, maybe your user profile is corrupt.

Can you make a new user profile for yourself, then copy all the files from the old user profile, then it should work and you'll have the files and folders you need.

Rick

#DellRockStar