Forums

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell V515W Printhead Problem

This question is answered

My printer stopped working.  I am getting a 'there is a problem with the printhead" error.  I've cleaned and deep cleaned the printhead.  Right before this started, my pages were printing all blue.  Now I can't clean/deep clean/align or anything because of the error.  The printhead is not available for purchase through Dell.  The printer is 15 months old.

Verified Answer
  • I purchased the same printer and had problems after only a year and luckily I was able to get a new print-head literally 15mns before the warranty expired. Unfortunately the new print-head didn't last but all of a few weeks. I only use my printer for school and am a part time student (light load) and to have such an expensive printer not last is very upsetting. I have tried trouble shooting to get it to work and just bought more ink hoping that would help since occasionally I can get it to print but more times than not I get the annoying error message: there is a problem with your print-head....ugh!! I need a new printer and HATE dell.

Thank you for discontinuing a piece of <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> printer..just wish you would have done it a long time ago before so many people purchased the useless hunk of junk and now are out money and no printer.

All Replies
  • Yes, I have the same problem.  My printer was used about 8 times over a year. Don't print much at home. I've followed all the instructions and still get the printhead message. I will never by a Dell product again!!!

• Yes, I have the same problem.  My printer was used about 8 times over a year. Don't print much at home. I've followed all the instructions and still get the printhead message. I will never buy a Dell product again!!!

• www1.lexmark.com/.../catId=cat170011-category&prodId=6167-product

you can get the print head here, but currently its out of stock

• Hearing all these other comments, I won't waste the time.  Time to get a non-Dell printer.  Thanks anyway.

• I agree, not worth the time I went through to get the replacement printhead (lots of phone time), new printhead did not print clear, and now does not print blue or black. I refuse to phone them again, just went to Costco and bought an HP, easier and cheaper to replace each year than to phone Dell.

• Hi there, i have had the same problem and Dell have advised that a new printhead will cost me $280NZD  even though the printer is only $179NZD. I looked into the specs of each printer and found that the V313 uses the same cartridges and printhead as the V515 and retails for $69NZD. I bought that and it has fixed the problem and saved me $210NZD in doing so and i have an extra printer and leads etc.

• Same exact problem. Contacted Dell. They do not replace, as warranty is expired. They do not sell replacement heads.

End of my history with Dell.

I do not expect products to be perfect, that is why having replacement parts is BASIC.

His business model does not make any sense for me.

Bye bye DELL.

• Thanks to you all for confirming my experience.  V715w with a printhead error that did not resolve itself with new cartridges (now useless..) and cleaning.  After being a loyal Dell purchaser for many years, I am DONE WITH DELL.  I may just go ahead and replace the Dell laptop with a Mac as well.

• Thanks for saving me the time to go through Dell Hell...   I agree that I won't be buying Dell stuff anymore in general.

What has happened to this company?

• I just got off the phone with Dell support, although my printer contract is over, this is the second printer that they sent me....not even a year!!!  Printhead is not available but if I had a contract it would be!!!  They told me to try amazon!!!....I'm done with dell

• i have the same problem with my v313 printer and the printhead message i also called dell and found them to be of no use whatsoever.  my printer is 15 months old and lightly used.  they basically told me to go get a new printer.  my hp printer is over 7 years old still works so i will replace this piece of junk dell with it   that is if i can get my hp hooked up with the junky dell insperion  i have   i will never buy anything else from dell   they suck

• We have found a Replacement Printhead, when they're in stock.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• RockSt☆r-Rick K

We have found a Replacement Printhead, when they're in stock.

Hi Rick,

These have NEVER been in-stock.  Also, lexmark.com doesn't ship to Canada and lexmark.ca doesn't list this P/N as a valid item.

-  Jagtar

• Hi Rick

Thanks for the info ..  Just ordered a printhead from Lexmark - hope it fixes my printhead issue.

If you swing any weight with Dell Please let them know how ticked the V515W owners are...

Bob

• Bob,

I wondered if your printhead was the original. I had a small issue with a similar printhead. Once I replaced the printhead, I don't have any problems, except running out of ink without notification, then children print and forget to tell me.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!