V313w wireless printer all of the sudden won't communicate with my computer

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

V313w wireless printer all of the sudden won't communicate with my computer

This question has suggested answer(s)

My wireless printer and computer are 5 months old and all of the sudden my printer won't communicate with my computer anymore.  I have tried all the troubleshooting ideas with no luck!  I have not reinstalled the printer yet hoping there is an easy solution.  Any ideas?

All Replies
  • Karen,

Gald you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back. You may have to watch this closely. Sometimes when virus programs update, they correct things and the settings may go back to default. You may have to allow the printer past the virus program(s) firewall, again.

Trish,

Sorry to hear about the paper jaming issue.Glad you got it while the printer was in warranty.

Anyone with Dell inkjet printer issues, we're usually her to try to help. I am a Dell User, just like everyone else here is. I have a Dell V715w Wireless Printer and use FREE Avast Home Edition and never had thism problem. Some virus programs allow for printer communications and some block.

Everyone, take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• If the wifi led is green then it indicates that the printer is already connected to the wireless router and it's not printing because firewall is blocking you from printing and there are few things that we need to try 

First of all go to start>> all program >> look for dell printers>>>try opening dell printer home and see whether if that opens and if that doesnt or if you get a error no compatible printer's installed then you may have to reinstall the printer drivers again and if that opens then the next steps is mentioned below 

Press the rinch on your printer and then press the right arrow key untill you see network setup and after you see network setup press ok and the first option will be print setup page press ok to that and a page will get printed and if nothing happens then unplug the power box from back of printer and press and hold the printer power button for 20 seconds and then try the step again and a page will get printed

In the page that gets printed look for address under TCP/IP some no's like 192.168.x.x , now open a browser and try typing the address if it open's the printer page then you have to work on forewall settings and if it doesnt then we have to reconfigure wireless settings for printer 

•  krishnasarma,

Karen and Trish have found out there issues were virus program/firewall settings.Trish is waiting for a replacement printer.

You said...

krishnasarma
    Press the rinch on your printer

Did you mean...

Press the wrench on your printer?

May I ask, you seen to know Dell Inkjet printers, are you a Dell employee? Round Rock or another area?

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• oh yeah i know a lot about dell printer's,projector's ,axim's \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\& Dell tv's and lot more

And the answer to your question is yes i was working for Dell tech support but not anymore and am located in india,  and am currently trying to get hold of someone in Dell so that i can offer support from home for our us and canada customer's , the point is i like this job more than anything else you see :):)

• Ok Rick,

I have a new printer and i am still having the same problem even if i turn off my firewall and antivirus it will not allow me to print !!!! HELP

Trish/Star65

• okay by the way did you happen to install the softwares for your new printer?? and if yes did you hapen to uninstall the existing software before installing the softwares and how are you trying to print , i mean wireless or wired

If it's wired then there are chances where in the existing softwares might not work and if it's wireless then whats the color of your wifi indicator on the printer 

It seems to be very simple for me may be i can get it working for you tomorrow in just 15 minutes times...............

• i just did reinstall the software now it says no compatible printer when i press dell printer home when i looked in devices the printer is there and enabled by usb i tried to reinstate wireless the wireless button stayed orange

• ok i am all sorted after a struggle i managed to set the printer though my wireless network again and after re reading all the messages i managed to set my virus wear back to default and i could print, for some reason the document i wanted to print wouldn't print, but after calming myself i managed to find another software to print it is so its not my computer not liking me or the russian documents i was trying to print!!So after days of yelling at myself and my printer my trip to Moscow is likely to go ahead

Thanks for everyones help,

Trish

• Trish,

May I ask what language the operating system is on the computer?

Try running Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck documents in the queue.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• well to keep you informed the printer is going to work on and off for you, what you ve got there is not a premanent solution and it's just a temporary one 

and if you are planning to take your printer and if you hapen to encounter a problem printing and if you contact the dell technical support you wont get any help and instead you will have to contact the international support for further assistance 

• color is green. cannot commuicate from my dell laptop to my dell printer( wireless)

• 1golfing,

Run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs in the queue.

After you restart your computer, open the document you want to print. Click on file, print and make sure the proper printer is selected. You'll need to do this for other applications, too.

Rick

#DellRockStar