Dell AIO 924 driver solution for windows 7

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell AIO 924 driver solution for windows 7

This question is answered

Anyone had any success installing drivers that works for this Dell AIO 924 printer in Windows7?

All Replies
  • Ingrid,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I wish to get the answer to this question too.

Anyone had any success installing drivers that works for this Dell AIO 924 printer in Windows7?

• in french : http://idpratik.id.st/

• Alited00,

Try running Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and post the rest of the information back here. If in a different language, do NOT translate the information.

Also provide the virus program and ffirewall you're using.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• Installation imprimante Dell 924 sous windows 7

Sous Windows 7, vous avez deux, voire trois versions d'Internet Explorer. 
    Pour configurer votre imprimante Dell 924 vous devrez utiliser INTERNET EXPLORER 32 Bits.

ETAPE 1

Assurez-vous d'avoir bien mis votre ordinateur aux dernières mises à jour Windows. 
    Installez la dernière application: .net framework, ainsi que la dernière mise à jour Java.
    Puis, déconnectez votre imprimante de votre ordinateur.

ETAPE 2

Télécharger cet utilitaire de nettoyage :

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R166243&SystemID=PRN_ALL_A924&servicetag=&os=WLH&osl=en&deviceid=8733&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=2&libid=40&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&fileid=224502

Une fois qu'il vous demande de redémarrer votre ordinateur, faîtes-le.

Ensuite, téléchargez ce pilote :

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&fileid=196900&formatcnt=1&libid=0&releaseid=R148157

Installez-le en mode compatible, choisissez : Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)
    Faîtes-le fonctionner en tant qu'administrateur.
    Puis, vous aurez un message qui vous dira que votre imprimante n'est pas connectée, connectez-la à ce moment là, et allumez-la (power on).

3ème et DERNIERE ETAPE

Une fois le pilote décompressé, il a été crée sur votre ordinateur un dossier nommé :
    c:\drivers\printer\924\drivers\Win_XP2K
    A l'intérieur, des dossiers sont nommés : « english »
    Il s'agit de :
    - Common
    - i386
    - x64
    Prenez tout simplement la peine de les copier, et une fois les nouveaux dossiers créés renommez-les chacun en écrivant : french

Là, votre Dell 924 vous sortira la page test !

'Configuration de mon ordinateur' :  anti-virus AVAST, firewall WINDOWS.

(un grand merci à Rick, Boai et Penulfid)

• parisienne,

You are Welcome. I took a small step to try to make Boai's instructions a little easier...

You may have to make a FOLDER with the language that you have installed on your computer.

Copy everything that's in the English folder, then paste it in the NEW folder.

The printer program might read in English but it should then work with your system.

Path to the drivers should look similar to...

C:\Program Files\Dell (your printer model)\Drivers

Example:   (C:\Program Files\Dell 924\Drivers)

Then run the setup program, again.

Credit goes to Boai for finding this solution (Re: Dell AIO 924 driver solution for windows 7 Language solution)

#DellRockStar

• Worked. Easy to follow instructions. Thanks a bunch.

• notaknowitall,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Hi

I have a Dell 924 on a new Windows 7 64 bit system. 

I foluwed the instructions and ran R166243.zip o clean up and then R148157.exe to load the 64 bit driver as directed.

I can now print.  So far so good.

But scanning does not work.  It behaves as if the USB port is not plugged in.  But it is, I just printed using it!

I get a pop-up "Scan was not sucessful" with instructions to :

1) Power up the 924 (it is)

2) reconnect the USB (no effec)

3) reconnect 924 power (no effect)

4) Restart the PC (no good either)

Scanning still works fine if I connect it to my Windows XP 32 bit system.  But this is not always possible.

What can I do to get Scanning on my Windows 7 64 bit PC?

• PAS-AUS,

As for scanning, if you have the disk that came with the printer, then insert the Printer disk and stop it from running. Go to My Computer and double click on it. Look for the drive with the Dell disk in it. Right click on it, left click explore. Look for the OCR Folder. In the OCR Folder, there is an Abbyy Folder. right click on setup.exe, that's in the Abbyy Folder and left click run as administrator. This will install the OCR program.

Or

Try Simple OCR

Rick

#DellRockStar

• PAS-AUS,

Are you trying to scan from the all in one program of your printer ? If yes, try once with the Win7 scan utilities.  Directly accessible from the printer and device Manager, right click on your printer and Scan should be available.

Regards,

Boai.  

• Wonderful! Not only does it really work but my windows 7 64bit did it all without asking! I downloaded the Vista driver and opened the icon - after that everything just happened automatically (no manual typing of file path, just plugged in the printer when prompted and it opened the print centre, did a test page , scan check, the lot! Faith restored in humanity and community!)

Thanks Pudgyone and Google for making it possible. 

• justapunter,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back. I can't speak for Google, but I can say you're Welcome! Wink

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I have repeated all of these instructions maybe 10 times in an attempt to get my 924 AIO to scan anything at all under Windows 7.   But it simply does not work.  All I get is a pop-up suggesting the USB plug is not connected and othe simplistic stuff,  No help at all.  The 924 will print but not scan.  

All I want to do is to scan an A4 page and have the image stored in PDF format.  

This all works fine under windows XP.  (Luckily I have a Dell laptop with XP!)

Why on earth Dell has not given us a usable fix for Windows 7 I cannot fathom.  Right now if anyone asks me about Dell products I can truthfully say that the hardware works but their customer support is rubbish.    

• perhaps can you take this way :http://idpratik.id.st/imprimante-dell-924-sous-windows-7-a3157394?logout

good luck

Parisienne