AIO 924 printer allignment problem

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

AIO 924 printer allignment problem

This question is not answered

I installed a new black ink cartridge in my 924 printer and tried to allign the cartridges, but kept getting the message "allignment problem, remove tape from the cartridge". There was no tape. After repeated attempts to allign the cartridge, I bought another new cartridge and got the same message.  I tried unplugging the printer but that didn't do anything.  The printer will print pages but instead of sharp black text, everything has a faded blue color.  I changed the cartridge numerous times before with no problems.  What is the problem?

All Replies
  • bdplum,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. Plug everything back in. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Power on the printer. Open the printer and take out the Dell Series 5 Black cartridge. make sure all the tape is off the cartridge and put the cartridge back in. Now do the same for the Dell Series 5 color cartridge.

Close the printer. It should print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Black cartridge = black side(left side)          color cartridge = color side(right side)

Photo cartridge = black side(left side)         color cartridge = color side(right side)

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges.

Dell Series 5 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

If these ink cartridges are new, then take them to the place of purchase for a refund or replacements. If they're old, then try purchasing a new Dell Series 5 ink cartridge.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!