"Unsupported cartridge" message, Dell 725 inkjet + brand new Series 6 Dell cartridge - Printers Forum - Peripherals - Dell Community

"Unsupported cartridge" message, Dell 725 inkjet + brand new Series 6 Dell cartridge

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

"Unsupported cartridge" message, Dell 725 inkjet + brand new Series 6 Dell cartridge

This question is not answered

Second time this has happened with Dell-brand cartridges with this printer. Is there any way to reset the printer? Any other ideas? The printer is out of warranty, so I'd have to pay for Dell advice on this (!)--I suppose I can return the cartridge yet again, but I'd really like to get the printer working again.

Thanks

All Replies
  • barryevans,

Unplug the printer from the wall. Now remove the power brick from the back of the printer for 60 seconds. This will reset any error messages the printer has.

Plug everything back in and power on the printer. Now remove the Dell Series 6 Color cartridge. Make sure the tape is off the cartridge and reseat the cartridge. Then close the printer and it will print an alignment page. Any error messages?

Dell Series 6 ink cartridges have a sensor in them that cannot be reset. Article on refilling Dell ink cartridges

Dell Series 6 ink cartridges can be purchased at Staples, Walmart or Dell's Website.

It is possible the cartridge has a bad sensor. Try taking it back to the place of purchase for a replacement.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

• Thanks Rick. Doesn't do anything, unfortunately, still get Unsupported Cartridge message. I have another Dell-brand cartridge (almost out of ink), same error message.

I'll try anything at this point, so if you have any other ideas, I'm open to them, thank you!

barry