Forums

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Unable to change ip address of V305w

This question is answered

Everything works fine on my network...I just want to assign a static ip to the printer. I have a 50 node ip range on my router .100-.149. I go into the Dell Toolbox network setting and try to change the ip address to .148...tells me the ip address id invalid. What am I missing or doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

Joey

Verified Answer
  • Sure...

To apply a static IP address to the printer, you must first obtain the DHCP supplied ip address currently assigned to the printer. You can find it by going into the network settings of the DELL Toolbox software.

Take that ip address and put it into the address bar of a web brower and hit enter. This will take you to the printer administration page.

On the left click on configuration. On the next page click on TCP/IP. In the middle of the next page click on Set Static IP address. This where you assign the static ip address.

This should do it for you Yes

Joey Coco

All Replies
  • Joey Coco,

I can't remember the information right now, but that might be one of the ip address that cannot be asigned. I have my printer set for 192.168.1.147, so try that number.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I've tried that ip as well as others within the range....it will not change at all, which doesn't make sense to me.

• I'm having the same problem. I've tried a lot of different IPs within the valid range of my network and none of them work. What should I do to change the IP?

• cprietom,

Not sure if this wil work or not. If you know the current ip address for this printer, then put that address in the address bar of Internet Explorer. It should show you the printer screen. Look for settings, TCP/IP and it should show you the screen. Try to change it there first.

THIS PAGE from the V305 Manual should help you.

Also try reading...

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• Yessirrrr PudgyOne, that worked....TY.

• Joey Coco,

Can you explain a little what worked so if someone else searches the forums, they can see what you did to change the ip address on your printer.

Thanks and take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Sure...

To apply a static IP address to the printer, you must first obtain the DHCP supplied ip address currently assigned to the printer. You can find it by going into the network settings of the DELL Toolbox software.

Take that ip address and put it into the address bar of a web brower and hit enter. This will take you to the printer administration page.

On the left click on configuration. On the next page click on TCP/IP. In the middle of the next page click on Set Static IP address. This where you assign the static ip address.

This should do it for you Yes

Joey Coco