V305w stops printing in the middle of a job

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

V305w stops printing in the middle of a job

This question is not answered

Dell Inspiron 530; Vista Home Premium with all updates; connected via USB. Printer will stop in the middle of a job. Print monitor says job is printing & printer says it's printing.  Unable to cancel or stop/restart job. Also freezes parts of  Vista; can't load Task Manager, for example. Have to power down and restart to get everything working again. Tech support took over machine for >20 minutes...deleted spools, checked settings. Concluded problem was related to size of file!

Printer works fine if I print wirelessly from Dell Latitude D620 with XP2. Haven't tried wireless from Insp. 530.

Any ideas? I've looked through the threads and this seems to be unique.

Keith Brewer - TaxiMAN

All Replies
  • TaxiKAB,

Try following the instructions below and I feel you can get everything working.

First, let's make sure your computer has the latest Windows Updates, especially .net framework, needed to run many applications and the latest Java.

Disconnect your printer.

Un-install your printer.

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

64-bit Drivers

All other drivers

Update the firmware in your wireless router. Manufacturer's website, make & Model needed.

Broadcast SSID(You may want to change this to make it easier to connect) Use WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(WPA Personal).

Most wireless devices work best with this type of security.

Mixed b and g mode(n if available) Use channels 1, 6 or 11. (I use channel 11) 

Most devices work better on these channels. Save and exit. Power everything off for 30 seconds. Power everything back on, wait 30 seconds, now try to connect.

How Do I Connect a Dell™ Wireless Printer to a Wireless Network

Choose your printer. Beneath your printer, select your operating system. You'll be redirected to another page. Then click on show all steps. It will walk you through the installation process.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• My mother and I have the same problem. I have a 926 and my Mom has v305. We are also both connected by cables. My Dell precision T3400 is running on Vista and my Mom's Dell computer is running on Windows 7. We have tried everything to fix this and came to the conclusion that maybe it is the Dell ink. Both printers work off # 9 ink. And both printers started doing this at the same time. We don't live near each other so they are not on the same network. I'm not sure what the problem is but Dell needs to fix it or they are going to loss some business. My Mom has already gave up and got a HP printer and it works fine. If they don't fix this soon I will go to a different brand printer too.

• alhalbrooks,

I have seen only the issues with the Dell V Series printers, right after Microsoft relesade Internet Explorer 11 in December of 2013. The easiest solution is to uninstall Internet Explorer 11 and the printing problem goes away.

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

The other option is to turn off the balloon tips for the printer.

Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!