Photo 964 Printer will not turn on

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Photo 964 Printer will not turn on

• Can somebody Please Help Me?  My photo 964 printer will no turn on.  The power cord have electricity but the printer do not turn on.

• My dell 964 printer will not turn on. Has elect
  • Hi michelle40,

Welcome to the community!

Please remove the power brick from the printer and the cord as well, then plug it back in. See if it will resolve the problem. In case it doesn't resolve your issue, please private message me your service tag, complete name, contact info and address. We'll look into your account and see if a dispatch can be processed.

Thanks,

David Angelo

• Attention: David Angelo Service tag, <ADMIN NOTE:service tag removed per privacy policy~RK>, Michelle drake, <ADMIN NOTE:address and phone number removed per privacy policy~RK>

• michelle40,

First, your information was removed per privacy policy.

Before it was removed, the service tag came back to a Dell 924 Printer. Can you look in the back of the printer and confirm which model you have?

Dell 924 All-in-One Photo Printer

Dell 924 Printer(above)

Dell 964 All In One Photo Printer

Dell 964 Printer

The printer warranty expired in 2005.

If unplugging the printer from the wall and removing the power brick for 60 seconds did not help, then I would guess the printer may have malfunctioned.

If the printer comes on, can you copy a document under the glass? Black & White and color?

If yes, then it's a driver issue. If not, it could be a Dell Series 5 ink cartridge issue. Both models use Dell Series ink cartridges.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hi Michelle40,

I have received your service tag and it shows that the warranty had already expired Demember of 2006. If the printer did not turn on anymore after reseating the power pack then that means to say that it's already time to get a new one as replacement for it. In case you need further assistance please feel free to reach out.

Thanks,

DELL-D'Angelo