sorry to thread jack but my problem is the same, I have about 20 5210n's and I'm using the web interface to try and update the firmware, I browse to where the new firmware(.fls) is, but the only format it will se is .flx. Thanks in advance for any help.
OK...... grabbed one of my 5x10 models and set it up.
THERE IS a problem with the name of this file.
I'll send a private email off to "Bill - Dell" to get this escalated.
OK..... ALL STOP(Screech)..... Reverse..... Backup.
I missed this myself :smileysurprised:..... I just assumed the EWS Firmware update feature would be used to do this.
WRONG..... I looked a little more closely at the instructions attached to this update and noticed this update is applied using the FTP "put" procedure.
Here are the instructions:
1. Download the firmware file and place it on a convenient location on your system, example, c:\LS_ST_E211_updeng.fls
2. Note the current firmware version of your printer. From the printer’s front panel, press Menu > Reports > Menu Settings Page.
3. From a CMD prompt, open a FTP connection to the printer.
4. From the Windows’s Command prompt, type: FTP [ip address of printer], example, FTP 192.168.10.100
5. Press the enter key at the User prompt
6. After the FTP connection has been established, send the firmware file to the printer. From the FTP prompt, type: PUT “[path to the firmware file]”, example, PUT c:\LS_ST_E211_updeng.fls
7. The firmware update will take approximately one minute, do not power off or send print job to the printer during this time.
8. The printer will restart itself after firmware update has been completed.
9. The engine firmware version should now be “LS.ST.E211-0”. To confirm, go to either the printer’s EWS (Reports > Device Information) or print the Menu Settings Page again from the printer’s front panel.