printer driver 720 for windows 98SE

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

printer driver 720 for windows 98SE

• I donated my free Dell 720 to a school, but they use 98SE.  I can not get a driver to load the printer.  Help!
    Thanks
  • Here is a web site that claims if you follow these directions, the 720 will work for Win98SE

http://mystoragespace.port5.com/

• hi i have the same problem i have a dell photp printer 720 and i cannot find a driver for this eather i have looked every where on the net. i went to the site that someone left you and i can't do that i don't understand it . there should be a way to download a driver to windows98 if you find out please email me sarahwest58@hotmail.   thanks.:smileysad:
  • I'm sorry, but there is simply no driver available, anywhere, anytime for anything other than WinXP/2000. No amount of asking, pleading, or begging on this forum will produce one either.

The page you referred to above as the one you "didn't understand" is a bit technical. I was able to follow the instructions there and successfully print from my Win98 PC and laptop, and it has continued to work reliably for the last 6 months, but it is certainly NOT recommended for the "average user".