Dell 1510X Projector White Dots

Peripherals

Peripherals
Dell Monitors, Printers, Projectors, Hardware and Software discussion

Dell 1510X Projector White Dots

This question is not answered

I have a Dell 1510X projector that has accumulated numerous white dots on the screen. It started with 3 dots in the upper right corner and has since spread, covering most of the right side of the screen and extending into the middle. I use the projector with my PS3 connecting via an HDMI cable. I'm sure the projector is out of warranty as it belonged to my roommate's brother who brought it to our house a couple years ago. I would still like to get it fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank  you.

All Replies
  • Hi,

Here’s what you can try.

Reset the projector to factory default settings:

• Press the “Menu’ button on the remote control
    • Press  or  to navigate through the tabs. Press the Enter   button on the control panel or the remote control to select a sub menu.
    • Choose ‘Others’ option
    • Highlight ‘Factory Reset’
    • Select and press   to reset

If the issue persists, then try reseating the lamp.

CAUTION:

• Use an original lamp to ensure safe and optimal working condition of your projector.
    • The lamp becomes very hot when in use. Do not attempt to replace the lamp until the projector has been allowed to cool down for at least 30 minutes.
    • Do not touch the bulb or the lamp glass at any time. Projector lamps are very fragile and may shatter if touched. The shattered glass pieces are sharp and can cause injury.

Here’s how you can reseat the lamp:

• Turn off the projector and disconnect the power cord
    • Let the projector cool for at least 30 minutes
    • Loosen the two screws that secure the lamp cover, and remove the cover
    • Loosen the two screws that secure the lamp
    • Pull the lamp up by its metal handle
    • Replace with the new lamp
    • Tighten the two screws that secure the lamp
    • Replace the lamp cover and tighten the two screws

If performing the above steps do not resolve the issue, then check if the Dell logo appears corrupted.
    If you are able to see the dots on Dell logo, then adjust the brightness.

If the above steps do not work, then it could be an issue with the bulb or the projector. If replacing the bulb does not resolve the issue, then replace the projector.

Please reply if you have any questions.

Thanks & Regards,
    Appu S
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Orders & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA, India. For Dell Support Videos, click Here.