Dell Chromebook 11 (3120) wifi channels? - Networking, Internet, Wireless Forum - Networking, Internet, Wireless - Dell Community

Dell Chromebook 11 (3120) wifi channels?

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell Chromebook 11 (3120) wifi channels?

This question is not answered

Hi does anyone know if these Dell chromebook 11s have channels that cannot be used in the 5 GHz band?  I have a customer whose chromebooks are disconnecting, sluggish, or stuck in processing when they try to access graphics-intensive online tests.  Their IT guy said the AP and controller look fine so I am looking at anything unusual about these chromebooks that would cause this problem.  Thanks in advance for your time!

All Replies
  • Doodah Dame,
    Contact Dell Support by phone and have them replace the motherboard. They will need verify a few things. The number to call is listed at the link below.
    Contact Dell Support

• Is there any documentation or information that I can look at to confirm this is indeed a motherboard problem before I contact Dell on my customer's behalf?  I know I had called Dell and was told there was a batch last April that was bad, but she said the documentation was internal.

• We are seeing a very high number of similar issues, but have not gotten any response on a known problem of any kind.  In most cases we have had to replace the motherboard due to this problem.  

• Thanks for responding, TRADave.  I wish there was more documentation or information somewhere about this.  I was really wanting to know if there are any channels in the 5 GHz band that these chromebooks do not work in but no one can answer that question and I cannot find it in any documentation. However, I had watched a video where one of the wifi experts who worked in a Houston hospital mention that a lot of wifi issues are due to the chromebooks themselves.