Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN problems with Inspiron 1525 - Networking, Internet, Wireless Forum - Networking, Internet, Wireless - Dell Community

Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN problems with Inspiron 1525

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN problems with Inspiron 1525

This question has been answered by RockSt☆r-Rick K

I have Inspiron 1525 + Windows 8.1 + Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (Intel latest driver for Windows 8). If I set the wifi card disable N mode, wifi is slower (54 Mbps), but stable. If I turn N mode (enable), wifi is fast 144 Mbps, but becomes unstable - often (few minutes) disconnects, the disconnection of the card shows a lack of drivers, you can not reconnect to the router, you need to reboot your computer. Another computer - Dell Studio with pre-installed card 5100 is stable under N in my home network. Dell officially claims that the 4965AGN card is compatible for Inspiron 1525. Is there a way for stable operation in N mode?

Verified Answer
  • waltur,

Glad to hear you were able to find a solution to your connection problem. Yes Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

All Replies
  • waltur,

From reading...

Intel® Centrino® Wi-Fi Products — Which operating systems are supported with Intel wireless products?

Your adapter is not compatible with Windows 8.1

I would try using the Vista 64-bit drivers from Intel Download Center and save them to your desktop.

Make a system restore point.

Install the Vista 64-bit drivers in the Vista SP2 Compatibility mode

Rick

#DellRockstar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

• The installation of the Vista driver turned out to be impossible, the system refused (64 and 32 bit), however Windows7, for which the card is declared as compatible managed to install the driver (compatibility mode for Windows 7). For the hour the card worked steadily on the speed of 144 Mb/sec., sometimes websites didn't appear but after a moment the system alone fixed, sometimes he needed to help. Later for repair of the connection I had to reboot computer. In the end I made a decision to place 802.11n Disabled - connecting 54 the Mb/sec. is completely stable, wasn't given up from yesterday.
  • waltur,

Glad to hear you were able to find a solution to your connection problem. Yes Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockstar

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016