I have an inspirion 1545 with Vista. Two days ago my internet stopped working all of a sudden, the laptop can pick up the available network but does not connect, I have reinstalled all the necessary software and have tried downloading the driver Intel(r) wifi 5100 several times which the laptop unzips but does not seem to run and is not found in the network adaptor section in device manager. I have reloaded all the drivers in the order given on various posts on this site but still no joy. I cannot seem to find where the computer downloaded the Intel(r) wifi5100 to. Can anyone help I am getting extremely frustrated????
Looks like Operating system is corrupt here. Please back up your data and perform a PC restore.
Please find the link below for PC restore assistance.
Thanks and RegardsHarish M#iworkfordell
Try the below steps and let us know the outcome.
• Right-click the network icon in the notification area of your taskbar, and then click Troubleshoot problems
• Ensure Wi-Fi is turned on by Pressing Fn+F2 or the relevant Wi-Fi switch.
• Check if other computers are working fine in the same network.
• Check if wireless is working in Safe mode with networking. (To get to safe mode Tap F8 during start up and select safe mode using arrow Keys)
• Check if any firewall/antivirus is blocking from connecting through Wi-Fi.
• Power cycle router (If possible). Power off router for 2 minutes. Restart the computer. Power on the router and try connecting.
Thanks for your help, I have finally managed to get everything loaded and back to normal, hope it stays that way!! Thanks again for your efforts. Nick
I am glad that the issue is resolved. Post back if any issues.
This thread is locked, due to age.
If you need assistance, please create a new thread in the proper Dell Support Forum