Dell Inspiron 3520 Wireless card problem on Windows 7-32 bit

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell Inspiron 3520 Wireless card problem on Windows 7-32 bit

This question is answered

Hello everyone,

I just bought a new Dell Inspiron 3520 (service code: <Admin Note: removed per privacy policy~RK>) which came with Ubuntu.

Although I had to install windows 7 32 bit and I am facing a driver issue with wireless adapter.

When I try to connect to the preferred network I get "Unidentified Network - No Interntet Access".

I know this is a driver problem because it works well on Ubuntu.

So as the original configuration from Dell site lists: 

"WIRELESS : DELL WIRELESS 1703 CARD"

so I downloaded this driver : http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/Product/inspiron-15-3520?driverId=K21VK&osCode=W732&fileId=3126779147

with no success.

Is there anything I can do?

Sorry for the long post.

Thank you in advance

Verified Answer
  • Hello and thanks for your reply.

Found out the solution was Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Dell Wireless 1703 b/g/n -> Properties -> Advanced ->802.11n Bandwidth changed to 20MHz/40MHz Auto.

All Replies
  • Hi atomtm,

To troubleshoot your issue you may try the below methods one by one. 

Method 1: Update the network driver.

Steps to update network driver through Device manager:

1. Click on start button.
    2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
    3. Select the network card device and right click on it
    4. Now select properties.
    5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Update Driver button.
    6. After the installing the updates restart the computer. 

For more information visit: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Update-a-driver-for-hardware-that-isnt-working-properly.

Method 2: Try resetting the TCP/IP stack.

The reset command is available in the IP context of the NetShell utility. Follow these steps to use the reset command to reset TCP/IP manually:

1. To open a command prompt, click Start and then type CMD in the Search programs and files.
    2. Right-click CMD.exe icon in Programs and choose Run as administrator.
    3. When the User Account Control box pop up, click Yes.
    4. At the command prompt, copy and paste (or type) the following command and then press ENTER: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt

Note If you do not want to specify a directory path for the log file, use the following command: netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

5. Reboot the computer.

If still the same problem persists then try the next method. 

Method 3: Here you need to troubleshoot using the Network troubleshooter in Windows 7 and check for the issue to do that follow the below provided link.

http://bit.ly/ayoCy9

Please let me know if you have any other queries

Thanks & Regards
    Rajesh R
    #iworkfordell
    To know  more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US ; UK; India. For Dell support videos click Here.
    If a post answers your question, please click "
    Yes".

• Hello and thanks for your reply.

Found out the solution was Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Dell Wireless 1703 b/g/n -> Properties -> Advanced ->802.11n Bandwidth changed to 20MHz/40MHz Auto.