I have installed wireless 365 bluetooth driver but then of course the pop up says to activate the bluetooth using wireless switch. No dice. When I press the wireless switch I only see my wi-fi connection. I have checked device manager and no bt shows there. Also when I type 'bttray' under the start menu nothing shows up in the search.
Is this laptop even able to support bluetooth? I have searched through many other similar questions and have been unable to find any info on this for the n7010.
BTW: Windows 7, x64... let me know if you need other info.
Inspiron N 7010 is shipped with a bluetooth card. It should either show under 'Network adapter' or 'Bluetooth Radios' in device manager.
Perform the below mentioned troubleshooting steps:
1) Check for the presence of the card in BIOS
- Turn the computer off.
- Turn the computer back on.
- Immediately at the Dell logo screen, start tapping the <F2> key once a second until the BIOS screen appears (if the computer boots to Windows turn the computer off and try again).
- Use your arrow keys to navigate BIOS. You mouse will be inoperative in BIOS. Instructions for navigation and saving should appear at the bottom of your BIOS screen.
- Use right arrow key to highlight ‘Advanced’
- Use down arrow key to highlight ‘Wireless’
- Hit Enter key
- Capture the status of Internal Bluetooth (Should be enabled)
2. Enable the Bluetooth capability:
If the Bluetooth device is installed, also verify the radio is enabled. You can turn the wireless and Bluetooth cards on or off using the F2 key. If that doesn’t work, use the key combination (function + F2)
Do write back with the findings. I would be glad to assist.
Thanks and Regards,Vikram M#iworkfordellTo know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/YBlak6
It shows as enabled in bios but doesn't seem to be working as I can not connect Bluetooth device.
Now what should I do? Thanks for your help!
Thank you for the reply. I will recommend you to install the blue tooth patch which may enable the bluetooth on your system: http://dell.to/ZYCm8C Once you install the blue tooth patch from the abov link, try re installing the blue tooth driver and see if installs successfully.
Please reply for any further questions.
Hello friend, I did everything you posted. The bluetooth on BIOS says enable. I can't install bluetooth. have the same problem that the other guy has. Same OS x64 Ultimate. Need some help. Thanks man.
my computer is Dell INSPIRON model M5030
i need keys please help me
Please share the system model and operating system installed. Also, share which key you are looking for. Please elaborate the issue so that I can assist you better.
Awaiting your response.
Thanks a lot, Vikram.
Now I can use my Dell N7010 Broadcom BT365 in Windows 8.