Dell Inspiron 1300 Wireless does not work

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell Inspiron 1300 Wireless does not work

This question is not answered

My wife has a Dell Inspiron 1300 which crashed.  I was able to start it again using the Dell Operating System Reinstallation CD for XP Professional but the wifi (wireless) does not work.  Before the crash it had a working wireless connection.   It appears that I need to reinstall a driver for it.  How can I get a driver when I have no internet connection on that computer?  I have tried loading on a flash driver from another computer, but it doesn't seem to transfer.  What driver do I need and how can I get it to install on her computer?

All Replies
  • Hi

Thanks for contacting the community.

I would recommend you to download the drivers from the below mentioned link.

Also, try to save the Wi-Fi drivers on a USB flash drive and then connect the USB flash drive with Inspiron 1300 and try to download the driver.

http://dell.to/TteG8e

you can also refer to the below mentioned link for further help:

http://dell.to/TQKujk

Please reply if you have any further questions

Thanks & Regards
    Prateek K
    #iworkfordell

• I did try that URL.  Only the Dell_Download_Manager_Setup loads on the flash drive.  It tells me to hit continue to load the files, but nothing loads after pressing the continue key.  Like it's trying to install on my C drive instead of the flash drive E.

• Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I apologize for the inconvenienced caused. Please follow the below mentioned steps that might help you. I am also attaching certain screenshots.

1)     Open support.dell.com and enter the system service tag or the express code.

2)     Look for network driver and click on download file.

3)     Select single-file download and click continue.

4)     On the save as screen selects USB flash drive and click on save.

5)     After installation complete remove the flash drive and you can install drivers on the other computer.

Please reply if you have any further questions

Thanks & Regards
    Prateek K
    #iworkfordell

• Hi!

This is a Dell Inspiron 1300 and I would like to connect to wireless broadband, but the F2 -FN button when pressed do not do anything to connect. I went into the website recommended by you, but there are so many softwares that I was confused which of them would apply to me.

Could you guide me please. Am a novice.

Thanks

Carlos

• Hi! Did as suggested by you. Went through all the steps. But what is saved does not open or run. Just will not download anything. Please advise. Carlos