How to install wireless networking hardware

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

How to install wireless networking hardware

This question has suggested answer(s)
I'm using a dell Inspiron 1545 with windows vista home premium x64 bit. I recently had to reinstall the operating system due to some severe problems, and ever since, when I try to connect to a network it says "windows could not find any networks", so I hit diagnose, and it said that no wireless networking hardware is installed and configured on my computer. Please help ASAP.
All Replies
  • Hi asc913,

Drivers for the 'wireless card' in your laptop needs to be installed. Inspiron 1545 was built with various types of 'wireless cards'. I will suggest you the correct driver for installation once I am aware of the 'wireless card' that is installed in your laptop. I am adding you as a friend. Please accept my request and reply through a private message with the system 'Service Tag' information. 'Service tag is a 5-7 digit alphanumeric code located at the bottom of the laptop. I will use it to retrieve the laptop configuration as shipped from the factory. Once I have these details, I will help you with the installation of the correct driver. I will also provide detailed steps for the driver installation.

Hope this helps. do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurabh A
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, click Here. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• asc913,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Are the drivers already on the computer and just need to be installed? Because I have no way of downloading them without the dell download manager, which I can't use on my iPhone, which is what I'm using to use the Internet.

• asc913,

They're on the drivers disk that came with the computer.

You can try...

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings as long as the recovery partition was not removed.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• asc913,

Please make copies of files and folders that you  cannot afford to lose.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I tried to restore it to factory settings, but when I get to the advanced boot options there is no "repair your computer". Is there anywhere else I can find that option?

• asc913,

Did you try it with the operating system disk?

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Yes, the only restore options there were system and windows complete pc restore.

• asc913

You can try system restore but if you need help with reinstalling the operating system, I suggest you post in the Dell Microsoft OS Forum The forum members will help you there.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I found out that I don't need to reinstall the os, I just need the wireless drivers for my system. But I don't know exactly which drivers I need. I've tried the dell drivers and downloads page but that just takes me to the FTP site, which I've already tried and didn't work.

• asc913