wifi adapter issues

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

wifi adapter issues

This question is answered

Hi

I have brought new Dell N4110 laptop. i have installed Win 7 professional 64 bit and all the drivers.

but when i open intel wireless program it says no wireless adapter found.

Please help me regarding this issue.

please note in my os there is no service pack.

is this issue due to service pack not installed ?

Thanks in advance :)

Verified Answer
  • Hi sumitab,

After windows 7 is installed, it is important to install the drivers in the correct order. Please make sure to install the Notebook system software first and then install the chipset drivers. Check this link for more information on how to install the drivers: http://dell.to/NdhToL

Open Device manager and expand Network Adapter. Check the wireless card model number and install the required driver and application for that specific wireless card available at the Dell support site.

Use the Fn + F2 key to turn wireless On or Off. Windows Mobility Center in the control panel to check the status of the wireless connection.

Run a custom scan on the wireless card using PC check up from the Dell support center. If you need to download Dell support center, use this link: http://dell.to/HkLYR2

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
    Satya P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click the green "
    Yes" button.

All Replies
  • Hi sumitab,

After windows 7 is installed, it is important to install the drivers in the correct order. Please make sure to install the Notebook system software first and then install the chipset drivers. Check this link for more information on how to install the drivers: http://dell.to/NdhToL

Open Device manager and expand Network Adapter. Check the wireless card model number and install the required driver and application for that specific wireless card available at the Dell support site.

Use the Fn + F2 key to turn wireless On or Off. Windows Mobility Center in the control panel to check the status of the wireless connection.

Run a custom scan on the wireless card using PC check up from the Dell support center. If you need to download Dell support center, use this link: http://dell.to/HkLYR2

Please reply with the results.

Thanks and Regards
    Satya P
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; UK Customers; India Customers. For Dell support videos click Here.

If a post answers your question, please click the green "
    Yes" button.

• Hi Satya,

Thanks for your reply. As per your suggestion i have followed the installation steps and i got my wifi adapter working fine.

Thanks and Regards

Sumit Bhawsar

• I am also having an issue of wifi drivers on my new laptop .... I have downloaded and tried all of the drivers for wifi/bluetooth for my laptop but its still not working it just connect to my wifi router for 2 or 3 seconds then disconnect automatically......

I am running windows 7 32-bit on my Dell n5520 core i5 .

here is my service tag number: <Admin Note:service tag removed per privacy policy~RK>

Please suggest me a driver and order for the installation of drivers that will work for me .. I am looking for this issue for 4 days .. Thanks for reading .....

One more thing when I tried to install a driver from category System-utilities it says compatibility problem , i have tried running it in adminstrator mode with windows xp or vista compatibility but nothing works .