How to activate Bluetooth N5050

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

How to activate Bluetooth N5050

• even i have bought a new dell Inspiron n5050 and am not able install the bluetooth driver the msg reads "Activate bluetooth using wireless switch".Even mobility centre dosent hv the option......how to customize using Dell INC...plz help

• raulzgargon,

Try looking at these places to see if your Bluetooth Connection is enabled

Try reading...

Bluetooth connection and pairing

If that doesn't work, can you run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

What virus program and firewall are you using?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Blue Tooth was an option on the n5050. It is not included unless you specifically ordered it.

Wireless

Wi-Fi Options:

Standard Dell Wireless™ 802.11b/g/n

Bluetooth Options:

Optional Combo Dell Wireless Card 802.11b/g/n, BT3.0+HS

• hallo 

sir 

i have a laptop n5050. i have a problem with my wireless system.my wireless system is turned off but i do not know how i can turned  on.plz help me

• Hi Tayyab mughal,

On the Inspiron N5050, use the Fn + F2 key to turn wireless/bluetooth On or Off. Also you can use 'Windows Mobility Center' in the control panel to check the status of the wireless connection.

To access Windows mobility center:

Click on Windows logo on desktop -- > Type "Windows mobility center" in search bar above that  -- > Click on it. You will be able to find option to enable or disable wireless. As an example, image is shown below:

If you are not able to use Fn + F2 keys combination, you can reinstall Quickset application for your computer from the link below:

Quickset application: http://dell.to/NmACQZ

Steps to download drivers:-

• Click 'Download' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
    • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
    • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
    • Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. You can Pause , Stop , or Continue  downloading the items you have selected. Next is Installation.
    • To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’.
    • A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
    • In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
    • If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
    • In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
    • A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
    • Restart your computer.

If this does not work, you can uninstall and reinstall the drivers for wireless card of your computer.

To uninstall and re install the drivers

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
    • Click on “Manage”.
    • Click on “Device Manager”.
    • Under “Network adapters”, you will find the wireless card listed.
    • Right click on it and click on “uninstall”. (Check and make a note of the driver installed on your system and re-install the wireless driver from the below steps accordingly).
    • Check the box to delete the software.
    • Restart your system and click on the below link:

http://dell.to/OukFUO 

• Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
    • You will find the wireless driver under “Network”.
    • Click on the Wireless driver depending on the network card your system has. (Install the same wireless driver which you uninstalled from “Device Manager”.
    • Click on “Download File”.
    • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
    • Click on “Download Now”.
    • Save the driver on your desktop.
    • Once the driver is saved on desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
    • Install the wireless driver by following the on screen instructions.
    • Check if the issue is resolved or not. 

Please reply in case you have further questions.

Thanks and Regards,
    Chinmay S
    #iworkfordell 
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/10GaKAc  

• I Am mohamed anees.

i am using dell inspiron N5050.

BUT NOT CONNECT BLUETOOTH DEVICE.

HOW TO CONNECT BLUETOOTH DEVICE

OR

THAT FACILITY IS NOT AVAILABLE?

• Hi

I have the same problem, a Dell Inspiron N5050, the only way i can connect to the internet is using the ethnet cable.  My computer seems to have no wireless, i copied what you said in the mobility center but i dont even have an option for wireless network.  When  i press FN and f2 the wireless light turns on but turns straight off again, does it need a new wireless card?

Thanks

• Have you got the solution for this? I have the same problem here, none of the wireless drivers work here :(

• RAULZGARGON WROTE THE FOLLOWING POST AT 07-26-2012 10:45 AM: even i have bought a new dell Inspiron n5050 and am not able install the bluetooth driver the msg reads "Activate bluetooth using wireless switch".Even mobility centre dosent hv the option......how to customize using Dell INC...plz help
  • Hi Mughal,

I am also facing the same problem. When i try to install drivers for bluetooth in dell inspiron N5050 I get the message "activate the bluetooth using wireless switch".  I have try the windows mobility center option also. But the figure that you have mentioned second part that is keyboard option and radio option is not seen on my laptop. Kindly help me out.

• Hi Hemant Kumar,

As correctly mentioned by Mary G Bluetooth is optional in N5050 system. Please check if the Bluetooth card was shipped with the system.

You may check the original configuration of your system from Here -> Type the Service Tag of the computer -> Click on System Configuration -> Original Configuration and share the Wireless card shipped with the system.

If you are not sure, please share the original configuration here. I would be glad to help you.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sundeep B
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA;India For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.

• is dell inspiron N5050 having a bluetooth device. if yes how do i get the drivers software?

• Hi yazeedapiedu,

Inspiron N5050 is shipped with the Bluetooth card. Please share the Device ID of the Network Controller. You may follow the instructions mentioned below to get the Device ID:

• In ‘Device Manager’, right click ‘Network Controller’.
    • Click ‘Properties’.
    • Click ‘Details’.
    • Search for ‘Device Instance ID’.
    • Provide the numbers after VEN and DEV.

Keep me posted with the information. I will be glad to assist further.

Thanks & Regards
    Amogh G
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USAIndia. For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here

• even i have bought a new dell Inspiron n5050 and am not able install the bluetooth driver the msg reads "Activate bluetooth using wireless switch".Even mobility centre dosent hv the option......how to customize using Dell INC

• Hi Natrayan,

As shared earlier, Bluetooth is optional in Inspiron N5050. I would suggest you to check the original configuration of system by following the steps shared earlier.

If you face any issues, please share the system Service Tag via Private Message (Click on my name and click Start Conversation). Will look into the details and take it further from there.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sundeep B
    #iworkfordell
    To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region USA;India For helpful Dell Support Videos, you may click Here.