Intel Wifi link 5100 AGN

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Intel Wifi link 5100 AGN

This question is not answered

Hi,

I bought my Dell XPS 1640 in 2009, as wireless connection card I have an intel Wifi link 5100 AGN. This card worked properly till last week all of a sudden i got unexpected DC's and all this requierd me to restart the PC 4-5 times to get 5 minutes of internet.

I know this is a known issue and it occures on random times according to the forum mentioned below.

http://communities.intel.com/thread/19218

My question is is there a new line of cards for my laptop which DON'T have any reports about this?

Regards

(if you wonder how i got online i am using the laptop of my roommate for now highjacked it ;) )

All Replies
  • hans.vdv,

Try using My Intel WiFi 5100 AGN Connectivity Settings

Try...

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Create a Power Plan

Select High performance.

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hi, I already tried these settings ( found them on the intel website) but it doesn't work.

Reinstalled the originial drivers aswell, downloaded them to USB and transfered to the Laptop with the problems. This had no effect, same for the router setting; and why would they not work it's been the same router for 4 years now and it didn't had any problems before.

Unfortunally i am thinking of buying a new wireless card for my laptop and put it in.

• hans.vdv,

Sometimes electrical storms and power flickers will cause connection problems.

• Power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Then power on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any)

Restart the computer and try to connect.

What happens?

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• Also done this and all, even reinstalled windows and the card doesn't work i'll probaply order a new one tomorrow

• hans.vdv,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

#DellRockStar