My Dell Inpsiron will connect to wifi but says I have limited access.

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

My Dell Inpsiron will connect to wifi but says I have limited access.

This question is not answered

I have windows 7 on my laptop and it says that i have limited access. i can't access anything on the internet. the wifi will conect to every device but my laptop, so obviously it's with my laptop, not the wireless. is there anyway i can fix this without having to spend over 100 dollars to fix it? i have all bars on my wifi. it does this to my friends wifi too. please help!!!

All Replies
  • michaela21,

Laptop come with Windows 7 or was it upgraded?

Try...

• Power off your ISP modem/router and your wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds. Then power on the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any)

Restart the computer and try to connect.

What happens?

Can you run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here?

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• im not on my laptop so i don't know how i could post it back here...if i was on my laptop i would have to be on the internet. i got it on my laptop but i have no way of giving it to you unless i type it all in. is that what you want me to do? (by the way my laptop came with windows 7 and i tried restarting everything.)

• PudgyOne,

I am experiencing the exact same issue as michaela21.  I tried exactly what you suggested, but no luck.  I "troubleshot" and it is saying "wireless adaptor failed."  

Any suggestions?

By the way, I have also tried connecting my Dell using an ethernet cable and nothing.

• Run the ipconfig /all log and save the information to notepad. If you run the little command file, you can save that quicker.

Put the file on a flash drive and post the information back here.

Start, control panel, network and sharing center. Manage network connections, right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties. Look for TCP/IPv4 and TCP/IPv6 and click on properties for both. Have your settings match mine.

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!