not able to install bluetooth setup in dell studio 1555

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

not able to install bluetooth setup in dell studio 1555

This question is answered

I have a dell studio 1555 and i im not able to install bluetooth setup.While installing bluetooth setup a message will be shown by saying "switch on the wireless" but in my laptop there is no switch  of wifi near hdmi port.I am very upset by seeing this.So please help me.

Verified Answer
  • Hi sanjusajan,

Welcome to the community

There is no wireless switch or the LED on this system. Though there was one in studio 1535/37. To make sure wireless is On, you need check following options.

• Check the BIOS to ensure the wireless card is detected. Also verify the Wireless setting is turned on and not set to Always Off.

• If the Bluetooth device is installed. You can turn the wireless and Bluetooth cards on or off using the Fn+F2 key combination.

• If the card does not show up in the BIOS or Device Manager, try reseating the card.

• The WLAN Mini-Card slot on the Studio 1555 system is located on the bottom of the system underneath the access panel. Only WLAN Mini-Cards work in this slot; other cards types do not.

• Three wires can be connected to the card, all of which may not be used. The black and white wires are used on most WLAN cards, while the gray wire is only be used on certain N or draft-n cards.

Please let me know your findings.

Glad to be of assistance.

Ravi Mohindroo

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

All Replies
  • Hi sanjusajan,

Welcome to the community

There is no wireless switch or the LED on this system. Though there was one in studio 1535/37. To make sure wireless is On, you need check following options.

• Check the BIOS to ensure the wireless card is detected. Also verify the Wireless setting is turned on and not set to Always Off.

• If the Bluetooth device is installed. You can turn the wireless and Bluetooth cards on or off using the Fn+F2 key combination.

• If the card does not show up in the BIOS or Device Manager, try reseating the card.

• The WLAN Mini-Card slot on the Studio 1555 system is located on the bottom of the system underneath the access panel. Only WLAN Mini-Cards work in this slot; other cards types do not.

• Three wires can be connected to the card, all of which may not be used. The black and white wires are used on most WLAN cards, while the gray wire is only be used on certain N or draft-n cards.

Please let me know your findings.

Glad to be of assistance.

Ravi Mohindroo

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/