Forums

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell Ultrabook and Wireless Internet Connection

This question is answered

Hi there,

I really feel like flinging my ultrabook out the window; I hope someone can help me.

Everytime I close the lid to my ultrabook and then go back to use the laptop and open the lid, the internet connection is gone (not connected).

To get connected again, I have to open the network and sharing centre and click on the red x to diagnose and repair the connection in order to use the internet again.

Is this normal? is that what everyone else has to do?  This is nuts.

If anyone can help me out with that, you will be a god!

Thanks.

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • Kambiz44,

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Hi Rick, thanks but that box is already unchecked.

I get a message everytime i open the lid in the bottom right corner that says something like "my wifi adapter not found"   does that give more info for my problem?  I forgot about that.

• Kambiz44,

The boxes for the Microsoft Mini Virtual Port adapters, need the box checked or the adapter goes missing.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• Hi Rick, thanks again.

So just so I'm sure, follow your earlier instructions and check the box that we previously wanted to uncheck?

• Hi Rick,

I'm not making any changes to anything until I hear back from you thanks.

• Sorry Rick,

I understand you now.  I went back into device manager and both miniports properties have the box checked, so I am back to square one.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

• Kambiz44,

If you could post an ipconfig /all log, it may tell us something.

Just a guess you have an Intel adapter.

Intel® WiFi Products — Power Save Polling (PSP) causes connection issues with some access points

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Thanks Rick,

• Kambiz44,

Did you put your power settings on maxium performance?

Intel® WiFi Products — Power Save Polling (PSP) causes connection issues with some access points

Start, control panel, device manager, double click on Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6230, power management. Uncheck the box, allow the cvomputer to turn off this device to save power.

Click on advanced. Let me know if this adapter has antenna diversity. If it does, try changing the Antenna Diversity from Auto to Aux.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• hi Rick,

My power setting are on power saver.

Start, control panel, device manager, double click on Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6230, power management. Uncheck the box, allow the cvomputer to turn off this device to save power.

STILL UNCHECKED

Click on advanced. Let me know if this adapter has antenna diversity. If it does, try changing the Antenna Diversity from Auto to Aux.

I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING IN  THERE THAT SAYS ANTENNA DIVERSITY IN ANY WAY.

Thanks,

• Kambiz44,

Know issue about the adapter, that's why Intel wrote the article about using maxim performance.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• hi rick,

so what should i do?

• Intel® WiFi Products — Power Save Polling (PSP) causes connection issues with some access points

nothing in that link makes any sense to me whatsoever.

• everytime i go into my intel widi properties or program it says there is no adapter available.

I 'm losing my mind.

• Kambiz44,

Try reading this thread...

Power Save Polling (PSP) causes connection issues with some access points

It states...

Go to...

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Create a Power Plan

Select High performance.

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

#DellRockStar