Problems with Zoom cable/modem wireless router combo (model 5350)

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Problems with Zoom cable/modem wireless router combo (model 5350)

This question is answered

Hey all,

I recently purchased a zoom 5350 cable modem/wireless router unit, and noticed that my wireless connection had been running slow. I disabled the "IP flood detection" option (apparently, lots of people had this problem) and my wireless speed thus far has been great. However, my sister's laptop (an Inspiron N5110) still has pretty slow connectivity. I have the same laptop and am having no issues, so I assume the root of her problem is probably with her own computer. Does anybody have any potential solutions to this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • omi291,

From reading the specifications HERE, I see that the Zoom 5350 will connect on the 2.4GHz ONLY.

Are you using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Rick, 

I tried channel 6 as suggested in that link you posted. It seems to have done the trick. Thanks! I appreciate the help.

• omi291,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I don't have an answer but looking for you. I have download movies to my TV but it buffers several times throughout the movie and often shuts down. I also went in and unchecked the box you referred to, Comcast tells me I need a new modem, router but It is less than a year old, any ideas?