Dell D610 Wireless Drivers?

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell D610 Wireless Drivers?

This question is not answered

I have a Dell Lattitude D610 laptop with windows xp pro sp3. I need to do the windows reinstallation I know you loose most of the drivers when you use the reinstall cd one of them being the wireless driver. I was wondering the directory where that driver is installed so I can copy it to my usb memory card so that when I reinstall windows I can have my wireless and get online so I can download the rest of the drivers I need. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance

All Replies
  • download drivers @ http://support.dell.com

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - XP SP3 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• digitalgpbandit,

In addition ti what ieee488 stated, please remember to install the drivers in the correct order. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Thanks, but the problem is that I'll also lose the drivers for my wireless card so I won't be able to get online so I'm not too sure how to go about restoring my drivers then

• digitalgpbandit,

Download the drivers on the computer you're using to post, then put them on a flash drive or cd/dvd.

Try reading...

How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager and usr Internet Explorer to download the drivers, in your browser.

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first(if applicable), then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

Idea Hint Idea When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software(if applicable)
    Chipset or SMBus driver
    Processor Driver (if applicable)
    Video
    Audio (sound)
    Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
    Modem
    Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!