Laptop only connects at 65Mbps to SKY 'N' router

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Laptop only connects at 65Mbps to SKY 'N' router

This question is not answered
ConnectionSpeed.gif

Hi everyone,

I have a Vostro 1015 laptop, the internal wireless adapter is a 'Dell Wireless 1702 802.11 b/g/n'. I have just upgraded my sky broadband router to there new 'N' router which can connect up to 128Mbps. My wife connects at 128Mbps but I only connect at 65Mbps. My question is if my wifi adapter is an 'N' type why am I connecting at 65Mbps and not at 128Mbps. I do have pro support on my laptop but I think this is only for hardware problems.

The full connection speed for there new N router is 128Mbps. The Sky router is not the problem here, I think it is in the area of the Dell Wireless adapter maybe the settings. can someone help please.

My laptop dual boots windows 7 & Ubuntu 11.04, Ubuntu also connects at 65Mbps

Ta
Mr.Windy

If you invent a better mousetrap, someone will come along with a better mouse.

All Replies
  • Hi, from what I've read in other post on this matter, it's the wifi card. I believe you have an Athros which gives you a lower connection speed. With the Intel Wifi card you get a higher connection speed. I have this same problem although I have seen the connection speed higher during actual utilization. Try streaming something and check will processing running.

roger