Weak wifi signal

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Weak wifi signal

This question is answered

Hello!

First of all, thanks for reading my post.

I've just bought my brand new Dell Vostro 1015 Laptop.

My problem is where I have excellent wifi signal with my other laptop, the dell laptop recieves only good or low signal, sometimes it can't even connect.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit OS, Dell Wireless 1702 802.11b/g/n adapter with the latest driver installed.

I've tried several things to boost the recieved signal, for example edited the energy management, without success.

My router is only 3 meters away, but I have only 2-3 bar of wifi signal.

Thanks for your help,

Attila Orosz

Verified Answer
  • Attila Orosz,

Try going into the next room and see if the signal is lost. If so, I suspect the antenna wire may have come loose. Instructions can be found HERE.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

All Replies
  • Attila Orosz,

Try going into the next room and see if the signal is lost. If so, I suspect the antenna wire may have come loose. Instructions can be found HERE.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• I checked the black and white wire, and the connection of the white wire was not really good. I just touched it and it got plugged out.

The problem is kinda solved now by fixing the wire connection, but I'm just wondering how it could happen with a brand new laptop.

Anyways, thanks for replying.

Attila Orosz.

• Attila Orosz,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back. Sometimes thing come loose, durisn production and/or shipping. I know these things should happen but sometimes do.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar