Weak wifi signal

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Weak wifi signal

This question has been answered by RockSt☆r-Rick K

Hello!

First of all, thanks for reading my post.

I've just bought my brand new Dell Vostro 1015 Laptop.

My problem is where I have excellent wifi signal with my other laptop, the dell laptop recieves only good or low signal, sometimes it can't even connect.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit OS, Dell Wireless 1702 802.11b/g/n adapter with the latest driver installed.

I've tried several things to boost the recieved signal, for example edited the energy management, without success.

My router is only 3 meters away, but I have only 2-3 bar of wifi signal.

Thanks for your help,

Attila Orosz

Verified Answer
  • Attila Orosz,

Try going into the next room and see if the signal is lost. If so, I suspect the antenna wire may have come loose. Instructions can be found HERE.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

All Replies
  • Attila Orosz,

Try going into the next room and see if the signal is lost. If so, I suspect the antenna wire may have come loose. Instructions can be found HERE.

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• I checked the black and white wire, and the connection of the white wire was not really good. I just touched it and it got plugged out.

The problem is kinda solved now by fixing the wire connection, but I'm just wondering how it could happen with a brand new laptop.

Anyways, thanks for replying.

Attila Orosz.

• Attila Orosz,

Glad you got it working! Yes Thanks for posting back. Sometimes thing come loose, durisn production and/or shipping. I know these things should happen but sometimes do.

Take care,

Rick

#DellRockStar