bluetooth adapter turned off!! help switch it on in inspiron N5010

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

bluetooth adapter turned off!! help switch it on in inspiron N5010

This question is answered

i have inspiron N5010 laptop in which i accidently turned off my bluetooth adapter by clicking the bluetooth icon in they trayicons on left-side bottom of screen.

please help me in turning this adapter on.

Verified Answer
  • my problem got solved long ago..and i just reinstalled bluetooth driver..and it started to work again..

All Replies
  • Is the Bluetooth icon not in your systray (bottom right side by the clock) anymore?  If it is, you should be able to right-click on that icon and select "Turn Adapter On" or something similar.  Another way to access your Bluetooth adapter is by going into your Network Connections (if you have Windows XP) or the Network and Sharing Center if you have Vista or Windows 7.

• No bluetooth icon isn't coming in systray icons anymore. I have windows7. Can u please tell me wen how to switch it on..and how to detect bluetooth device.

• i also have the same problem.if u get the solve plz tell me

• If the icon isn't showing in the systray by the clock, you can also try going to the following:

Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center
    Click "Change adapter settings" in the left panel
    Find your Bluetooth adapter listed there, right-click on it, and make sure it's enabled.

If it shows that it's Enabled, you can try to riight-click on it again and choose Properties.
    There should be a Bluetooth tab on top, click on it.
    Click on the "Bluetooth Settings" link in the bottom part of the window.
    In the Bluetooth Settings window, click the Options tab, and make sure the box for "Turn off the Bluetooth adapter" is not checked.

• Click START - Click COMPUTER - Search "Bluetooth". In result look for "BTTray" and click. Bluetooth icon will appear in taskbar. Click and turn on adapter.

• THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!!! this solved my problem! :DWink

• still unable to see bluetooth icon in the task bar...plz help
  • amitbaikar,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Places to look to see if your Bluetooth Connection is enabled

Click on start, in search type

bttray

Hit enter. This will put the bluetooth icon in the system tray, near the clock.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• You should have started a new post and included your model computer and operating system, as well as any other relevant info. Did bluetooth ever work? Not all models come with bluetooth. Bluetooth is optional on some models and unavailable on some others.

• my problem got solved long ago..and i just reinstalled bluetooth driver..and it started to work again..

• shab09

i have inspiron N5010 laptop in which i accidently turned off my bluetooth adapter by clicking the bluetooth icon in they trayicons on left-side bottom of screen.

please help me in turning this adapter on.

• klajith,

Places to look to see if your Bluetooth Connection is enabled

Click on start, in search type

bttray

Hit enter. This will put the bluetooth icon in the system tray, near the clock.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• Thank you very much. It was very useful. I'm relieved that I don't have to re install the bluetooth driver.

• i cant locate the bluetooth adapter at the network and sharing center. i only find two items listed ETHERNET AND wifi. i am using a DELL inspiron n5010 running windows 8 pro . what should i do?

• i have inspiron N5010 laptop in which i accidently turned off my bluetooth adapter by clicking the bluetooth icon in they trayicons on left-side bottom of screen.

please help me in turning this adapter on