Dell Latitude - D630 laptop - Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG adapter gets switched off very often .

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell Latitude - D630 laptop - Intel Pro Wireless 3945ABG adapter gets switched off very often .

This question is not answered

Hi ,

I own a Dell Latitude - D630 laptop (company provided) , and the wireless adapter gets switched off every now n then . 

I can re-enable it , in network connections , if i Disable/Enable it . But this keeps happening so often ,sometimes every 5 mins or so , that this is really annoying. 

Once it gets disabled , the green wifi light goes off (blue tooth still on - so am guessing no probs with the switch) , and wifi connection shows as disconnected .

I tried reading some forums on the same - some had issues with their switches , some peeps had issues again a similar one , but they couldn't enable the wifi unless they restarted their system . 

While i typed this post , it got disabled twice. So you get the picture. 

OS -  windows xp -sp2 .

Driver version - 12.4.4.5

Intel s/w version - 12.4.4.0

I tried installing the new intel driver/software. No change .

This happens only at my home n/w , but my office n/w as well. So has nothing to do with any router settings.

Any help would be great :)  ty .

All Replies
  •  thomaskappen,

Did you try the drivers from Intel® Driver Update Utility for Intel® wireless adapters?

Try this tweak.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

My wife has a Dell Mini 10 with XP and when it goes to sleep or the battery gets low, it turns off the wireless card no matter what settings I have. I have to press Fn to turn on her wireless card. It may be an XP issue. Maybe your company has a solution.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!