Intel WiFi 5100 AGN

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Intel WiFi 5100 AGN

This question is not answered

I have studio 1737

PROBLEM

With my Intel WiFi 5100 AGN. I also instaslled latest drivers but when i want to scan for any wireless network it says adapter not found.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

All Replies
  •  lionage,

Did you install the drivers from Dell's website or the ones from...

Intel® Driver Update Utility for Intel® wireless adapters?

I have a 1737 with Vista 32-bit, switched to Vista 63-bit and also use Windows 7 64-bit and used those drivers.

Also try this tweak.

Go to device manager(right click my computer, left click properties, left click hardware, left click device manager). Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I have install windows 7 32 bit on my studio 1737 i installed both drivers

1:- from dell's website by typing my service tag

2:- From Intel® Driver Update Utility for Intel® wireless adapters

and Intel my wifi technology says after searching for adapter

i also do the tweak you said but nothing happens

•  lionage,

Did you install Windows 7 on this computer or did it come with Windows 7 32-bit?

Did you install the Laptop Utility and the chipset drivers first? Dell does not offer Windows 7 32-bit drivers, so did you use the Vista 32-bit drivers and install them in the compatibility mode?

Right click on the drivers file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista.(I used Vista SP2) Then right click on the drivers, left click run as administrator.

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• Q : Did you install Windows 7 on this computer or did it come with Windows 7 32-bit?

A : I installed windows 7 32bit personally but my 1737 comes with vista.

And i installed all drivers of vista they all work fine but only problem with wifi adopter.

Q : Did you install the Laptop Utility and the chipset drivers first?

A : Which utility ( i have install dell support center) is there any other utility tell me and about Chipset - i installed them before wifi drivers and they successfully installed.

Q : Dell does not offer Windows 7 32-bit drivers, so did you use the Vista 32-bit drivers and install them in the compatibility mode?

Right click on the drivers file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista.(I used Vista SP2) Then right click on the drivers, left click run as administrator.

A : Yes i used vista 32-bit drivers. They all work fine, the only problem with wifi adopter. But i installed them simply just double click on them and install not like you said ( in the compatibility mode )

And another thing this is the 3rd time i installed 7 32-bit and after installing all the drivers wifi adopter works perfect but after few days it say No adopter found.

•   lionage,

Try installing the Dell System Software and the Intel GM45 Express Chipset Family and the Ricoh Card Reader R5C833 in the compatibility mode.

Install the Broadcom BCM5784M LAN

Also install the Dell QuickSet and get the 5100 drivers from Intel® Driver Update Utility for Intel® wireless adapters

What do you see in the device manager, under network? Any yellow exclaimination marks or red x's?

Rick

#DellRockStar

• PudgyOne,

First tell me, in compatibility mode which vista mode to be used for windows 7 32-bit means Vista - Vista Sp1 or Vista Sp2 .

And there is no any windows version in Dell system software compatibility mode

Man why dell is not offering Windows 7 32-bit .

Should i re-install my windows

•  lionage,

Sorry it took so long, was busy today.

I used Vista SP2 compatibility mode to install all the problem drivers that would not install. After you install the first three drivers I listed, you should be abke to install the broadcom drivers and get connected with the ethernet cable and then go to Intel Website and allow the tool to give you the Windows 7 drivers you need.

My Studio 1737 came with Vista 32-bit. I changed to Vista 64-bit, on a seperate partition and had a few small issues. I had to look for a couple of drivers. Found the one driver I had issues with. I then installed Windows 7 64-bit on top of the Vista 32-bit partition. I still work with Vista 64-bit as I have mismatched RAM and the graphics are fuzzy at times, especially under load.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• dont be sorry

because u r doing a very good job helping people, and very few people help people.

i will uninstall all drivers u said and will install them as u told me then i will tell u what happen next.

for then wait for reply

and thanks

• lionage,

You should just be able to install the drivers I have listed and you should start seeing things working.

What do you see in the device manager?

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Sorry Pudgyone

i am a little bit busy

but still i did not install the drivers as u told me because i am little busy, give me 2 days then i will tell u

and here is my device manage. I set on my Wifi and then i take this picture

Be sure i didnot install any of the drivers as u told me. wifi installed but software said ADOPTER NOT FOUND Here is the pic

And here is the pic of My wifi software

And again thanks for helping me

• lionage,

I have the 5100 AGN, but I don't have the My WiFi Technology installed. I think I had tried this at one time, but could not get this to work. You can connect to your network, correct?

Try reading THIS ARTICLE. Certain models work and some don't and I think my computer is one that doesn't. If you provide me a link to download and install the My Wifi Technology drivers you installed, I'll try it on mine.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Sooorry for a late answering

you r right i i told u before, after installing windows my wifi adopter works fine but after few days massege came "adopter not found". Thats the time i installed My WiFi Technology and i think My WiFi Technology is the problem. My wifi works fine with out it.

Now i have installed new windows and wifi is working fine, if after few days or weeks i again found that problem i will tell you.

but there is another problem for that i am going to make another post. it about bluray drive.

and again thanks bro

• lionage,

I have Windows 7 64-bit on a seperate partition, so if you'd like me to try the WiFi Technology, if you give me a link to what you installed, I'll switch partitions and try it. I think the 5100agn in my computer will not work with this, but will not be certain until I try it.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• Pudgyone,

First of all its all my mistake that i uses 5300 drives with My WiFi Technology on 5100agn adopter

DRIVERS NAME ---- Intel Intel Ultimate N WiFi Link 5300 with My WiFi Technology Vista R227036

search R227036 u will find it

i download all 53  1737 drivers thats why i faces a problem with my WiFi adopter. because i also install 5300 drivers.

or here is the link

http://support.us.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R227036&formatcnt=0&libid=0&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=325831

soory for i do not know how to add web address in html source

once again thanks

can u tell me name any software that can be used in alternative to My WiFi Technology

• lionage,

Please excuse this post as I am not using the tools I normally use.

I did manage to get the Intel WiFi Technology to work with Windows 7. Go to Intel's Website and download the Windows 7 drivers you need. Try reading...

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/mywf/sb/CS-030009.htm

Read number 2.

Download the zip file. Put the zip file in a folder, then unzip it to there. Go in the folder and find the Intel PROSet.msi file and double click on it. Allow it to run. Select custon. You'll see a selection with three red x's and a little arrow.

Click on the little arrow and select...

This feature will be installed on local hard drive

Restart your computer when prompted or wait about two minutes after you click finished. When you restart your computer, you should have the WiFi Technology installed.

Click start, all programs, Intel ProSet Wireless, Intel My WiFi Technology. You can then enable the technology from there.

Rick

#DellRockStar