HELP Please: Dell Inspiron 1545 unable to connect to WAP2 network on campus - Networking, Internet, Wireless Forum - Networking, Internet, Wireless - Dell Community

HELP Please: Dell Inspiron 1545 unable to connect to WAP2 network on campus

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

HELP Please: Dell Inspiron 1545 unable to connect to WAP2 network on campus

This question has suggested answer(s)

I have a 1545 Inspiron with a 5100 Wireless WiFi adaptor (?) and I can connect on my home and at a public coffee house, but when I come to campus I can't connect to the WAP2 Enterprise  connection I need for campus. This is a relatively new issue, starting after we had to replace my hard drive and reinstall my Windows 7 operating system.

I've done everything I can think of to make this work and no luck so far. If someone has some ideas of what I can try I would be very appreciative.

Thanks a bunch

Kat

All Replies
  • If you are sure you are using the correct passphrase, and you still cannot connect, perhpas you need to contact the university IT department in order for your MAC address to be allowed on their network.

It is also possible that the network you are trying to access is a Domain, and you have a version of Windows that does not have the ability to connect to a Domain.