PLEASE, how do i get into computer configuration to turn off automatic root certificate updates?

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

PLEASE, how do i get into computer configuration to turn off automatic root certificate updates?

This question is not answered

i need to disable the root certificate updates so my usb phone will connect to the internet.

All Replies
  • Hi Stacy.

We need Model and OS next time? For XP try: Start > Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs and to the left of that window you will see 4 options, click Add and remove Windows Components.

For Vista, Taken from here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc749331(WS.10).aspx

To Turn Off the Update Root Certificates Feature by Using Group Policy

1. As needed, see Appendix B: Resources for Learning About Group Policy for Windows Vista, and then edit an appropriate Group Policy object (GPO).
    2. Expand Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand System, expand Internet Communication Management, and then click Internet Communication settings.
    3. In the details pane, double-click Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update, and then click Enabled.

Hope it helps.

Hernan.

Dim9200/XPS 410.C2D 2.40GHz.2GB RAM.XP Pro_86 SPk3.IE8 & FF29

Avast!Free 9.0.2018. CIS 5.12(FW/D+). MBAM Premium. MCShield. WinPatrol +. WOT. OpenDNS. SAS(o/d)

"We are all ignorant, but we don't all ignore the same things..." Albert Einstein

"When you've excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth..." Sherlock Holmes.