Dimension E310 - Ethernet Controller Driver

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dimension E310 - Ethernet Controller Driver

This question has suggested answer(s)

I'm looking for an ethernet controller driver for a dimension E310.  I went to support.dell,com, and found all of the other drivers that I need, except this one.  I probably wasn't looking correctly..........could anyone sent me a direct link to the driver??

All Replies
  • Form the Drivers and Download page

Ethernet Driver

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• Hello

I'm looking for this same driver as well.  I saw your reply and followed the link, but when I tried to download the driver on that page, the file could not be found.  Here's the path that it was trying to download: http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R105478.EXE  Could you point me to where this file is located? 

Thanks

Adam

• Adam,

Try reading...

How to by-pass the Dell Download Manager

CLICK HERE FOR R105A78.EXE

Rick

#DellRockStar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

• I have downloaded the driver linked above for R105478, but it doesn't appear to work for me.  The network connection just shows that the network connection is unplugged.  When I launch the driver package installer, it shows that it is for "DC051, DM051, Dimension - DV051, OptiPlex - 210L".  It does not mention the Dimension E310 that I downloaded it for?

Did the package get mixed up, or am I missing something.

• jmwhitco,

Did you recently install the operating system? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

#DellRockStar

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

• I did just reinstall.  I've now installed the available packages in the order specified and the NIC still doesn't work.  My client did say something about a lightning storm, so I'm going to assume it got hit and get a NIC on a riser card.

Thanks for the assist.

• jmwhitco,

The desktop/notebook system utility and the chipset drivers need installed first or the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Rick

#DellRockStar

• As I said, I have installed the available packages in the order specified, and it still doesn't work.  

I've installed:

System Software - R121089

Chipset - R114566

HD Audio - R114282

Video - R126541

NIC - R105478

In that order.

I also mentioned a lightning storm where the client states the PC did take a lightning hit.  I'm operating under the assumption, from here forward, that the NIC hardware is dead.

• jmwhitco,

I missed about the lightning strike. Lightning

Restart the computer and try running the full diagnostics. Report back the error messages.

How to Run the Dell™ Diagnostics Utility

Rick

#DellRockStar

• I ran the Dell diagnostics last week and received no errors. I'll run them again and report back.
  • I recently wanted to start fresh with my Dell Dimension 310 so I proceeded to use the Symantec System Restore (Control Key + F11).  That worked great and cleaned up my computer but there was no Ethernet Controller Driver...so I used a thumb drive and installed the following drivers in order:

1. Chipset--Dell Driver Dell Device (R114566)

2. Video--829156 Express Chipset Family (R126541)

3. Network--(R) Pro/100 VE Network Connection (R105478)

4.  Audio--Sigmantel Driver (R114282)

I still do not have an Ethernet Controller  Driver.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Brad

• Hi Brad,

The driver that you have installed is the correct one. Please let me know if you have installed any PCI network card on your computer. Also you can refer to link: http://dell.to/13lqyNY to know installation of drivers in correct order. 

Alternatively, you can try to update drivers from 'Device Manager' by following the steps below:

• Click on “Start” and right click on “Computer”.
    • Click on “Manage”.
    • Click on “Device Manager”.
    • Right click 'Ethernet Controller' -- > Click Update driver

(Note: Click on images for enlarged view)

• Choose the option to install from a list or specific location.

• Click on the + sign and expand “My computer and follow the path where the Ethernet driver is located.

• Follow the path C:\Dell\Drivers\R105478\XP and then click on OK

• Click on Next and it starts copying some files.

See if it makes any difference.

Please share the findings. 

Thanks and Regards,
    Chinmay S
    #iworkfordell 
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/10GaKAc  

• Chinmay,

Thanks so much for your response.

I had been to the Device Manager a ton of times, but I had been looking in the wrong place.

Unfortunately, the only folder that allows me to hit "OK" doesn't work and is a little different than the one you suggested:

C:\dell\drivers\R105478\Win2K_XP

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Brad

• Hi Brad,

My apologies for delayed response. 

Please check and let me know if you have connected any Ethernet card at the rear of system tower. 

Another thing to check is the 'Device manager' of your computer and let me know the devices listed under 'Network adapters' If possible, paste a screenshot of the Device Manager. You can also provide me the hardware id of the Ethernet controller. 

In 'Device Manager', right click on the Ethernet controller -- >  click on 'Properties'. Then select 'Details' tab. Select Hardware ID by expanding the Device description Drop down menu. Below is the image which shows how you will find the hardware ID:

Please share the findings. 

Thanks and Regards,
    Chinmay S
    #iworkfordell 
    To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/10GaKAc