wifi light does not show up. bluetooth light does. WLAN card utility not working.

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

wifi light does not show up. bluetooth light does. WLAN card utility not working.

This question is not answered

I have read through just about every walkthrough on installing drivers / reinstalling operating systems. I just recently installed the default windows xp operating system on my Dell inspiron e1405, i installed the drivers in the correct order. My bluetooth light lights up and works, but there is not a single trace of a wireless network connection available (or even an option to turn it on.) Please help, this has been fustrating me for days! I have updated everything: All the drivers and windows xp itself. I know the wireless card works because it worked before deleting and recreating the partitions on the hard drive.

All Replies
  • I also have the inspiron e1405 and also having problems with the WLAN card.  Thanks for the info...I will try what you did with the drivers and installing the default Windows xp operating system...hopefully this works. 

• Let me know if anything works, no one seems to have an answer :[.