Dell Inspiron E1505-Internet/WIFI Problem

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell Inspiron E1505-Internet/WIFI Problem

This question is not answered

Okay folks, I recently purchase a used ,but in Brand New condition Dell E1505 from a lady (With Window XP)..Nothing wrong with it..Except what I am writing about..

It has a built in Wifi card-But I cannot connect  at all via WIFI or by using an Internet cable (I have Comcast Internet)..I called them, we went through some things, but no luck..they said I needed the assistance of Dell (the manufacture)...The problem I think is the lady who previously owned it, had some sort of Broadband coonection with a Virtual Private Network...because when I open the internet browser(of course there is the cannot display webpage message)..I go to Tools, and Internet Options, then to Connection and the only thing in this box at the top is "Broadband Connection: under Dial-up and Private Network Connectins- Hope I didnt loose you guys there..We (Comcast and I) tried resetting the LAN Settings using that tab , but nothing happened....They said there was some sort of congifuration problem..But I have No idea..A ..The WIFI Card is picking up all the in range signals and shows great signals, but i cant connect and It wont cant using the Ethernet cable from the comcast modem either...Anyone have any comments or thoughts on this or if you can help, please post a reply back..Thanks

All Replies
  • I take it she formatted the hard drive, and 'clean' installed XP, before she sold the system to you?

Assuming she did... it wouldn't matter what she was using/how it was set up before, because everything will have been removed with the reformat.

Have you tried reinstalling the network drivers?

You can download the latest ones from the Inspiron E1505's 'Drivers & Downloads' page on the Dell website - a link to which you'll find under the 'Support' column at the bottom of this page.

There are often quite a few different drivers offered though (for different cards), so make sure you download the correct drivers for whatever wireless card you have Idea

Download/reinstall the (Broadcom?) controller drivers as well.

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
    17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
    Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
    4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
    DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
    640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
    8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
    Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
    Integrated 2MP Webcam
    Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
    Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
    TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
    4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)