Can't get Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx to connect at Gigabit speeds

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Can't get Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx to connect at Gigabit speeds

This question is not answered

XPS-M2010

Windows XP Pro SP3

Driver Version: 11.7.2.0

I am connecting to my router at only 100Mbs.  I have an autosensing gigabit router and Cat6 cabling.

When I choose the 'configure' option on the Local Network Connection dialog then taken to the Broadcom NetXtreme 57xx- Advanced-Speed- I am presented with only the options to run the card at 10 or 100.

Could someone assist me by telling me how to get this setup to run at 1000?  I imagine there may be some benefit to connecting at the higher speed.

Thank you.

All Replies
  • According to the information I have, that NIC should work at 1000Mbps.  The driver for it, in case you need to update, is the Broadcom® 5721C1 NetXteme™ Giga-bit Integrated Controller.  Check the Drivers & Downloads section of the support site and see if reinstalling/updating the driver fixes the problem.

I have also seen where different devices use slightly different protocols which prevent the full 1GBps communication.  I don't know if that is the case here, however.

You can request replacement reinstallation media for US purchased systems here.
    Dell Drivers & Downloads for all systems.