NETWORK CONTROLLER

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

NETWORK CONTROLLER

This question is not answered

hi people ..

i have a problem with inspiron 1501 AMD 64 Athlon 2. i reformat my computer and i am trying to use wifi but i have yellow icon and i use net to update but it can't find the software.. maybe someone ask did i use resourse cd , yes i did ..

please i need help

All Replies
  • Go HERE select the proper operating system go to the network section and chose your model adapter

Also if you reinstall window XP  there is a order to reinstall drivers. that order is listed HERE in this tech document

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• I have a similar problem.  I have a inspiron 1501 for one year.  I purchased it new without windows on it.  I installed windows xp home edition.  Worked fine for this last year.  I decided to format it and start from scratch.  I re-installed the windows xp home edition and it would not install drivers for several items.  I finally got it to work when plugged into the cable on internet but not on wireless.  I ended up having a technician come out and he formatted and installed the windows xp from the disk that came with the laptop.  He got everything except the driver for the network controller to work.  He tried downloading updates from dell.  Nothing is working.  It recognizes the network controller, but needs drivers and the drivers we install won't work.  Any ideas?  Thank you.