Dell Wireless Driver

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell Wireless Driver

• I was wondering where I could find the driver for the Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini Card for the Windows XP operating system.  I saw on the device specs that it is compatible with both Vista and XP, but the Dell downloads website doesn't have XP as a choice from their drop down menu of Operating systems.  Thank you for any help.
  • Try Here

https://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&releaseid=R174291&SystemID=LATITUDE%20PRECISION%20690&servicetag=&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=15680&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=1&libid=5&fileid=236819

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• Thanks for your post.  When I went to install that driver a setup error popped up which says "No compatible hardware found.  The software you are attempting to install is not supported on this system.  The software will not be installed..."

Looking at the details when it was first unzipping I don't think this driver was for my specific 1395 WLAN mini card.  Did I do this wrong or is there another driver for XP and this card I need to download.

• You can try this one

The error you recieve has be wondering if you truly do have a 1395 card installed. Are you 100% sure? 

What system do you have?

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• I have an Inspiron 1318.  The device managager says under network adapters: Broadcom NetLink Fast Ethernet and Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN Mini Card
  • You can verify which card you have by powering down the computer and opening up the door on the bottom on checking the card itself.  The Dell Wireless (Broadcom) 13xx and 14xx wireless cards all use one driver, kind of like the unified nVidia video driver.  I think that driver even supports the 15xx series cards as well.

You can request replacement reinstallation media for US purchased systems here.
    Dell Drivers & Downloads for all systems.

• Davet50,

Your post on 10-2-08 at 6:38 where you included the driver worked.  I loaded that driver successfully and the wireless card is searching for the network.  However, the connection status gets stuck at "acquiring network address" and trying to repair the connection does not work either.  Any suggestions (And thank you SO MUCH for your help thus far.)

• It sounds like its running into problems during the DHCP address request, so the wireless connection itself (the equivalent of plugging in the network cable) appears to be working.

Make sure the firewall on the computer isn't blocking the wireless connection.  Also, if you are using MAC address filtering on the router, make sure the wireless card is allowed to connect.  You can find the MAC address of the wireless card in either the Dell Wireless Utility, or from the Network Properties window for the card.

You can request replacement reinstallation media for US purchased systems here.
    Dell Drivers & Downloads for all systems.