Dell Vostro 1500 - Wireless driver for Windows XP

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell Vostro 1500 - Wireless driver for Windows XP

• I am unable to install the driver for my wireless device on my Dell Vostro 1500 laptop running Windows XP Professional. The laptop originally came with Windows Vista Basic edition. I have tried installing the driver for Windows XP from the original drivers CD that came with the laptop and also by downloading it from Dell's Web site. The driver program installs without giving an error, but after installation the device remains nonfunctional and the Device Manager shows no information about the wireless hardware.

My system spec's are as follows:

- Model: Dell Vostro 1500

- Operating System : Windows XP Professional

- Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz

- Main memory: 2 GB

- Video card : Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

• hrmalik wrote:

I am unable to install the driver for my wireless device on my Dell Vostro 1500 laptop running Windows XP Professional. The laptop originally came with Windows Vista Basic edition. I have tried installing the driver for Windows XP from the original drivers CD that came with the laptop and also by downloading it from Dell's Web site. The driver program installs without giving an error, but after installation the device remains nonfunctional and the Device Manager shows no information about the wireless hardware.

My system spec's are as follows:

- Model: Dell Vostro 1500

- Operating System : Windows XP Professional

- Processor : Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2GHz

- Main memory: 2 GB

- Video card : Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Are you sure you bought a wireless lan card?

my Dells:
    Precision M6300 - XP SP3 / Windows 7 / Ubuntu 12.04
    Latitude D620 - XP Pro SP3
    Precision M6300 - Windows 7

• Yes, and it was working with Windows Vista.

• Are you sure you are installing the drivers for the card that is in your laptop?

my Dells:

• I am not sure about that. I have tried different drivers from the Network Drivers category on the CD, but none of them work. Below is the list of drivers that I have tried:

- Intel (R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN Rev: A10

- Dell_Wireless (Except US, Japan) WLAN Card Rev: A14

- Dell_Wireless (US) WLAN Card Rev: A14

On the Dell's Web site, following is the list of drivers that are given under the Network category for Vostro 1500 (XP):

Which one of them should I use?

• To find out your laptop's orginal configuration when it left Dell, go to http://support.dell.com and enter your Service Tag number. If you can't decipher it, post the result here.

my Dells:

• Below are the results:

Message Edited by hrmalik on 09-16-2008 09:48 AM
  • Ok first off remove/edit your picture as it shows your service tag which is violation of the TOS and can/will get this thread deleted.

You have the 1395 wireless card. the driver is HERE

Message Edited by Davet50 on 09-16-2008 08:42 AM

HomeBuilt SandyBridge P8P67 i7 2600k @ 4.5 ghz 8gigs GSkill Ripjaws. Corsair 800D Case and AX1200 Ps X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty pro PCIe Sound Card
    Dell Studio XPS 1645  Window 7 Pro

Forum member since 2003

• driver dell

• hi

• tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy