Cannot get dhcp address on Vostro 1510

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Cannot get dhcp address on Vostro 1510

• I just got a vostro 1510 (Vista Ultimate) with a Dell 1505 Wireless card and I am having trouble getting a dynamic address from my wireless router.  I have an actiontec MI424WR (provided by Verizon with FiOS - the best internet service in the US).  I am using WPA2.  All my other computers have no trouble getting addresses from this router and my laptop has no trouble getting an address at my local public library which has an unsecured network.
  • Are you absolutely, 100%, postively, without any dobut whatsoever, stake your life on it sure that you have entered the correct WPA key on 1510?

Steve

• I am sure that I entered the proper key - I can use a static IP address to connect with no problems.

I am getting very quickly annoyed at having to change between static and dynamic anytime I go to my Uncle's or the libraries' networks.

I did more testing and discovered that in Virtual PC 2007 installed on my laptop, if I set the client VM to use my wireless card, it too cannot get an address and I am forced to set one myself.