Forums

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Dell Inspiron 1525 wireless card problem

• Hi Everyone

I have a new brand dell inspiron 1525 laptop and everytime i boot i get a message "Dell wireless WLAN card wireless network controller stopped working and was closed.

A problem caused the application to stop working correctly.Windows will notify you if a solution is available.

I use windows vista premium and dell wireless 1390 802.11g 

Any ideas how to solve this problem.Thank you in advance

• Just remove the Dell WLAN utility in the startup since vista has its own utility that manages the wireless adapter. Other thing you can try is to update the driver from support.dell.com or click on this link or just ignore that message.

Hope this help!!!

• Hi Matrix

Thank you for replying to my message.I checked start up i only found bluetooth under it so i will do as you told me to just ignore the message as long as it won't affect performance of wireless connection.

Thank you again 

• Not a problem!
  • Hi Matrix

Today i got a message that has an error related to the problem i mentioned earlier about dell wireless WLAN card and i don't know if i should ignore it or how to solve it so i would appreciate if you could help me.

The message was: Problem Event name: AppCrash

Application name: bcmwltry.exe

Application version: 4.170.25.12

Application timestamp: 46f3437a

Fault module name: StackHash_2fb3

Fault module version: 0.0.0.0

Fault module timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception offset: 01e698c2

OS version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3

I have dell wireless 1395 WLAN mini card

Software version: 4.170.25.12

Driver version: 4.170.25.17

I have a new dell inspiron laptop 1525 with vista home premium service pack 1

It's very annoying so i wish you could help me.Thank you 

• Did you find a solution yet? My new 1525 is doing the exact same thing right after I installed Vista service pack 1.  Microsoft spent 3 days on the phone with me un-installing and reinstalling the service pack to no avail.  Laptop (Wlan Card) works fine without the service pack and won't work with it. (Same exact error message). I have tried updating the drivers. The wlan card will not work with service pack 1.  Microsoft noted my file as unresolved.  Has any one else had any luck yet?
  • Am I correct that you guys have already tried using driver version 4.170.25.17 / 4.170.25.12, A17?

You can request replacement reinstallation media for US purchased systems here.
    Dell Drivers & Downloads for all systems.

• Hi DELL-Larry R

I too am suffering this problem and I am using the drivers that you listed.

This does not happen to me all the time and it does not cause any issues, just slightly annoying that a new laptop does not work properly.

I think the issue occurs mainly on boot-up, as it has not happened when using the Vista sleep mode.

Any ideas would be great...

• yes I tried the new driver and microsoft tried the driver (remote assist) several times.
  • If you haven't already tried it, there is a diagnostics feature in the Dell Wireless Utility for the 1390 card.  I'd try running that.  If that doesn't work, you might need to get the card replaced (which would require contacting tech support).

You can request replacement reinstallation media for US purchased systems here.
    Dell Drivers & Downloads for all systems.

• hI, Ive had my laptop only a couple of months, and its connected fine to my wireless network, but it hadnt been for the last 3 days. went i click on (connect to) and i click on my newtwork it comes up with cannot connect and its says diaose the problem or connect to a different network.Ive tryed all the sollutions but it stil hasnt been fixed. xx
  • I got this message today - less than 48 hours after buying my laptop - I went into the Geek Squad, called, etc. and no one seems to know anything other than possibly it's something with my wireless router/dsl configuration...  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

• Are these problems with a Dell card or a Intel card? 

• The error is referring to the Broadcom Wireless Tray which services that built in wireless cards that are provided by Dell.  My laptop justencountered this error this morning and the only thing I did to restore wireless service was open a command prompt and type

ipconfig /renew

If you check your ipconfiguration and your computer is not showing any physical address renewing the IP config should solve your problems.

• I have an Inspiron 1525 and the Wireless seems to have failed, also.

I got a message similar to the above. My driver is at 4.170.77.13. I can't connect at all. The light for the wireless won't come on,either.