MinipCI card driver

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

MinipCI card driver

• I recently purchased a laptop from E-Bay. I have everything up and except for the wireless. I looked inside the computer and I have a mini PCI card, Dell P/N 09y200. I do not believe the driver is installed, I have searched dell support for a driver and  and it does not come up with that card. I did a google search and also no luck. It also has the following information on the card. Intel: model WM3A2100 .. P/N WM3A2100NADELL. I did find a driver for WM3A2100 with a google search, but it referenced Dell P/N ou2027, so I wasn't sure about installing it. does anybody know where I can get the driver for Dell P/N 09y200?? Also this card does not show up in 'Device Manager" I have a "Network Adapter" (3com for lan), "PCMPIA adapter" Texas instruments PCI-1420 CardBus controller (not sure what this is) and I also have under device manager Other Devices / network controller, there is a yellow explanation point by this and I have had no luck in trying to update the driver for it. Need some help!!

• According to the part number you posted (09y200)... a goggle search shows reference to a "Intel Pro/Wireless 2100 Mini-PCI Adapter" ("User Guide").

The latest WinXP/2000 driver from Dell (ver: 1.2.4.35 - Release Date: 7/27/2005), for the Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 is here ("click here").
    The latest driver from Intel (Ver: 1.2.5.37 - Release Date: 10/26/2006), for the Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 is here ("click here").

tntnardo wrote:
    Also this card does not show up in 'Device Manager" I have a "Network Adapter" (3com for lan), "PCMPIA adapter" Texas instruments PCI-1420 CardBus controller (not sure what this is) and I also have under device manager Other Devices / network controller, there is a yellow explanation point by this and I have had no luck in trying to update the driver for it. Need some help!!
    The "Other Devices/network controller with a yellow exclamation mark" is the Intel 2100. At this point, the only thing "Device Manager" has is the "Device ID" of the hardware installed and it can't match the ID to a driver... hence, it's listed as "Other..."

The "PCMCIA adapter" slot will accept external PCMCIA cards... ("click here").

Aloha,
    Rod
  • Thanks for the information it was extremely helpful!! I will try to install in next few day's ... I'll let you know how I makw out. Thanks again. 
  • Akule50,

Just to let you know, after reading your post, I was up and running in 15 minutes!! Thanks!!
  • merci accépté d'avoir