wireless network unavailable

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

wireless network unavailable

• My wireless network connection suddenly became unavailable marked with a red x. I am running Windows 2000 Pro on my inspiron 2500 laptop and using a truemobile 1300 wireless adapter. Any changes that I submit to my modem are detected in the site monitor as changing chanel etc but the link status still shows No netwrok available. I can see my network listed in the available networks but can not connect because of the network connection issue. I called Belkin for help since I am using one of their wireless routers G and they told me to try to change to the Windows utility rather than using the Dell wireless utility but could not find it under the wireless networks tab of the Dell wireless utility. Any suggestions please on this issue.
    Thank you in advance.
    Mika13

• Do you mean that your wireless card under network adapters in device manager shows up with a red x as disabled. If so right click on your wireless network card and select properties and then you can enable it from that page at the bottom. To get to device manager. Go to start control panel/system/hardware/device manager and click on network adapters.

Inspiron 5100
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHZ
    512 MB RAM
    32 MB MOBILITY RADEON 7500C
    40 GB Fujitsu HD
    QSI CDRW/DVD SBW-242
    Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated NIC
    Dell Wireless 1350 WLAN Mini-PCI card
    BCM V.92 56k Modem
    SigmaTel C-Major Audio
    Bios ver. A29
    Win XP Home SP2
    pur. Jan 2004
    ZoneAlarm Pro ver 5.1.011.000
    Norton SystemWorks Premier ver 9

Sam

Alienware M11x R2 - Inspiron 17R (7010) - Inspiron E1505

Forum Member since 2004

"If your issue was resolved, please click  Yes ".