Inspiron 1200 problems setting up my internet

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Inspiron 1200 problems setting up my internet

• Okay, here's my problem: I'm trying to get my wireless internet to work. I've called Dell and after 2 1/2 hrs I still have not internet. I do have a router it is a 2350 Broadband router, my laptop is an Inspiron 1200; my screen says that my connection is good, my strength is excellet, etc. But I keep getting the error message "Server not found" when I try to connect to the internet. The last tech I spoke to on the phone thinks it's my operating system - but I disagree. Here's why - While on a business trip in a hotel with free internet, my wireless didn't work but when I connected my lap top direct to the internet cable - Tada!!! It worked! So how do I get it to work at home - it won't even work when I directly connect the internet cable to my laptop - Please help!

Someone please HELP!!!

• To help troubleshoot this problem, go to Start > Run and type cmd then click OK. In the command prompt window that opens, type ipconfig /all then hit the enter key. Write down the output from this command or select it and save it to a txt file, then copy this output into a reply to this message.

Is your router connected to a cable modem or a dsl modem?  If it is a cable modem, are you resetting the network whenever you switch between a connection to a router and a connection to a computer by powering everything down, then powering up the cable modem first, waiting 5 minutes, then powering up the device directly connected to the modem?

Steve