Finding Correct D600 Internal Wireless Card Driver

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Finding Correct D600 Internal Wireless Card Driver

• I recently had to wipe out the HD on my Lattitude D600. I reinstalled from a Dell CD but when done I don't have wireless access. In fact, the machine doesn't seem to think I even have an internal wireless card. I guessed that I needed a driver (Wireless 1400) but that didn't work. How do I determine which driver is needed for my particular machine?

Thanks.
  • You should start by going to this Dell website{Link} and information from this site pasted below.

"Install Drivers

For detailed instructions on installing the hardware drivers for your Latitude D600, select one of the categories listed below.

NOTE: There is additional functionality in XP provided by installing the device drivers found in the categories below.

It is recommended that the drivers be installed in the order shown below.

1. To install the chipset, refer to the following Dell Knowledge Base Article:

RG1082403 — "How Do I Install the Intel® Mobile Chipset Driver in the Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System on My Dell™ Latitude™ D600?"

2. To install the SmartCard controller, refer to the following Dell Knowledge Base Article:

RG1082547 — "How Do I Install the O2Micro® PCMCIA/SmartCard Controller in the Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System on My Dell™ Latitude™ D600?"

3. To install the video card, refer to the following Dell Knowledge Base Article:

RG1082550 — "How Do I Install the ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 Driver in the Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System on My Dell™ Latitude™ D600?"

4. To install the sound card, refer to the following Dell Knowledge Base Article:

RG1082398 — "How Do I Install the SigmaTel STAC 9750 AC97 Audio Driver in the Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System on My Dell™ Latitude™ D600?"

To install the modem, refer to the following Dell Knowledge Base Article:

RG1082408 — "How Do I Install the Modem Driver in the Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System on My Dell™ Latitude™ D600?"

5. To install the network card, refer to the following Dell Knowledge Base Article:

RG1082496 — "How Do I Install the Broadcom 570X Gigabit Integrated Network Controller in the Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System on My Dell™ Latitude™ D600?"

6. To install the wireless network card, refer to the following Dell Knowledge Base Article:

RG1082553 — "What Wireless Network Card Do I Have in My Dell™ Inspiron™ 600M and How Do I Install the Driver?"

7. To install the GlidePoint/StickPointer, refer to the following Dell Knowledge Base Article:

RG1082472 — "How Do I Install the Alps GlidePoint/StickPointer Driver in the Microsoft® Windows® XP Operating System on My Dell™ Latitude™ D600?"

Once you have completed installing the hardware drivers for your computer, you will need to install your software applications. To install software applications, refer to the following Dell Knowledge Base Article:..............................................................................................................................................................................

........................................................................................................."

Notice that "To install the wireless network card, refer to the following Dell Knowledge ..." has five steps before it and should be accomplished in that order.

edit; in addition to the above, THIS "Notebook System Software should probably be installed after your chipset and reboot between driver installs

Message Edited by Art on 10-07-2005 09:04 PM

• All of your drivers are here and the basic one you need are the Chip Set, Video, Aduio, Wired & Wireless NIC's.  Install the Chip Set first as nothing else will work properly without it.
  • i recently had to wipe my latitude d600 laptop
    after wiping, it would not see my wireless network drivers, actually it wouldn't see any of the ethernet controller drivers
    i went to the download drivers area but it states the service is unavailable
    i would greatly appreciate if anyone knows where i can find the drivers

thank you
  • Welcome to the Forum,

Follow the guide I posted above, Chipsets first (both) and then what you want or need from the rest.

Link here for your Dell Drivers & utilities Latitude D600 / Microsoft Windows XP / English
    Choose a Device for Download

Applications

Dell Crash Analysis Tool
    Dell QuickSet>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this is important for Fn functions etc.
    Intervideo Software DVD
    Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.3.4>>>>>>>>also need patch below and then one from Roxio website (free)
    Sonic Solutions DigitalMedia v7

Audio Drivers
    SIGMATEL STAC 9750 AC97

Chipset>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>install

Intel Mobile Chipset>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>both of
    O2Micro O2711EC1 PCMCIA/SmartCard Controller>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>these first

Communication Drivers

Conexant D480 MDC V.92 Modem
    Dell TrueMobile 5100 GPRS PC Card

Diagnostic Utilities

Dell 32 Bit Diagnostics (Graphical User Interface version)
    Dell 32-bit Diagnostics Utility Partition Contents Upgrade Tool

Display Devices>>>>>>>>>>these are all for external monitors only.

Dell 1505FP
    Dell 1702FP
    Dell 1703FPs............etc. etc.

Firmware

Dell Dock Bay/D-Bay FX2 firmware

FlashBIOS Updates

Dell Latitude D600 System BIOS

IDE and EIDE

Fujitsu MHT2020AT (20GB) Mobile HDD
    Fujitsu MHT2030AT (30GB) Mobile HDD
    Fujitsu MHT2040AT (40GB) Mobile HDD
    Fujitsu MHT2060AT (60GB) Mobile HDD
    HGST DK23FB-60 (60GB) Mobile HDD
    HGST HTS548020M9AT00 (20gb) Mobile HDD
    HGST HTS548040M9AT00 (40gb) Mobile HDD
    HGST HTS548060M9AT00 (60gb) Mobile HDD
    HGST HTS548080M9AT00 (80gb) Mobile HDD
    Western Digital Scorpio 40GB 5400rpm Mobile HDD
    Western Digital Scorpio 60GB 5400rpm Mobile HDD
    Western Digital Scorpio 80GB 5400rpm Mobile HDD

Input Device Drivers

Alps GlidePoint/StickPointer

Network Drivers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pick your WiFi from list below

Broadcom 570x Gigabit Integrated Controller
    Dell _Wireless (Except US,Japan) WLAN Network Adapter Card
    Dell _Wireless (Japan) WLAN Network Adapter Card
    Dell _Wireless (US) WLAN Network Adapter Card
    Dell TrueMobile 1170 Access Point
    Dell TrueMobile 1300 b/g PCMCIA
    Dell TrueMobile 1300 Internal b/g MPCI
    Dell TrueMobile 1400 Internal Dual-band WLAN Card
    Dell TrueMobile 2300 Wireless Broadband Router
    Dell TrueMobile 300 Bluetooth Internal card
    Dell Wireless 1350(b/g)WLAN miniPCI Card
    Dell Wireless 1370 (b/g)WLAN MiniPCI Card
    Dell Wireless 1450 (a/b/g) Dual-Band WLAN miniPCI Card
    Dell Wireless 1470 (a/b/g) Dual-Band WLAN miniPCI card
    Dell Wireless™ 1350 WLAN (b/g) PC Card
    Intel (R) PRO/Wireless Network Connection
    Intel (R) Pro/Wireless 2100 LAN miniPCI Adapter
    Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
    Intel (R) PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection

Patches and Fixes

Dell Patches And Fixes (Cross LOB)
    Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.3.4

Printer Drivers

Dell Laser Printer 3000cn
    Dell Laser Printer 3100cn
    D.............................

Removable Media Storage Devices

Dell 128MB USB Memory Key
    Dell 64MB USB Memory Key
    HLDS GCC-4240N 24X Slim Combo
    HLDS GCC-4241N Slim 24/24/24X Combo Drive
    HLDS GCC-4243N Slim CDRW/DVDROM 24X GBAS
    HLDS GCR-8240N slim 24X CD-ROM
    M-Systems HS 128M and 64M USB Memory Key
    M-Systems HS 256M USB Memory Key
    NEC ND-5100A slim 4X DVD+RW
    Panasonic UJDA360 Slim 24X CDRW
    Panasonic UJDA740 24X Slim Combo
    Philips SCB5265 slim 24x combo
    Philips SDVD6004 2X Slim DVD+RW
    QSI SBW 242 Slim 24X Combo
    QSI SWB 242 U Slim 24/24/24X Combo
    Roxio Easy CD Creator 5.3.4
    Samsung SN-324S Slim CDRW/DVD ROM
    Sony CRX830E 24/24/24X Slim Combo
    Sony DW-D56A slim 8x DVD+/-RW
    TEAC DV-28EC 8X Slim DVD
    Toshiba SD-C2612 8X Slim DVD

System and Configuration Utilities

Dell Internet Explorer Scaling Utility
    Dell Notebook System Software>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I would follow Chipsets with this:)
    Dell Portables POST Bitmap Update Program
    Microsoft SpeedStep Fix for WinXP

Systems Management

Dell OMCI 7.0.1 Patch
    Dell OpenManage Client Instrumentation
    Dell OpenManage Management Station

Video Drivers

ATI Mobility Radeon 9000
    Roxio VideoWave Movie Creator

All this stuff is under "Notebooks^" top left of this page.

Message Edited by Art on 01-03-2006 11:44 PM

• Leslie this is the one you need to look at
  • Where can I find the file which was called "usbehci.sys" when I installed the Intel® Mobile chipset driver in the Microsoft® Windows XP operating system on my Dell Latitude™ 
  • Welcome to the Forum,

Open any Windows Explorer page and click on "Search" and type in usbehci.sys then select My Computer.

On my system, this brought up nine locations for this file, including C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS

It has been on my system since I recieved it, 26KB from Microsoft version 5.1.2600.2180