DELL 2350 ethernet controller trouble

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

DELL 2350 ethernet controller trouble

• I had a virus thing on my dell. Put in the Win xp disk it came with. I cannot connect online, i went to the device manager and saw that ethernet controller had a exclamation point on it...Put on all the drivers from the resource cd, can any1 help?
  • Did you reinstall Windows when you put the Win XP disk in? If so, did you reinstall the chipset drivers? Spcifically, which drivers did you reinstall?

Steve
  • I installed the chipset drivers, i installed the video driver, and analog devices, was it cause i didnt install usb 2? i had trouble installing it! PLUS i reinstalled win xp correctly so its just my 2350 version like stinks

thanks,

Sealab fan
  • If your USB ports are not working, it is a sign that the chipset drivers are not installed.

Steve
  • I'm telling u i installed it cause 1 theres a check on it, 2. i remember, i installed it and it asked me if i wanted to make a new folder, then a wizard appeared and i had to restart my comp....do i need to install usb 2, and if that is a nessesaty, can u tell me how cause its more complicated then installing the other things cause its saying that ur usb ports should have like the ! thing on the device managger but they dont and it says they are working fine

thanks,
                                                                                      Aqua Teen hunger Force fan
  • O yeah and my usb ports work, if i like plug a mouse or something they work, even though it doesnt have a check mark in the resource cd by it
  • If the USB ports work and there are no other problems listed in Device Manager, except for the network card, try downloading the driver from Here. You will have to download in on the computer you are now using to access the internet, then copy it to a CD-R, take the CD-R to the computer with the non-functioning network controller, copy the driver file to the hard disk on that computer, then run it and see if you can correct the problem.

Steve
  • O.K i'll try it right now, plz stay on in case it doesnt work :smileysad:
  • IT WORKED! THANK U SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileyvery-happy: !!!!!!!!! THANK U!!!!!!!!
  • Great! Glad I was able to help. Thanks for letting us know that your problem is solved.

Steve