Inspiron 15 5567 WiFi Enabled in Network Connections but intermittently shows in the dock on Windows 10 - Networking, Internet, Wireless Forum - Networking, Internet, Wireless - Dell Community

Inspiron 15 5567 WiFi Enabled in Network Connections but intermittently shows in the dock on Windows 10

Networking, Internet, Wireless

Networking, Internet, Wireless
From Wi-Fi to wired Ethernet, mobile broadband to modems: it's all spoken here.

Inspiron 15 5567 WiFi Enabled in Network Connections but intermittently shows in the dock on Windows 10

This question is not answered

Hi, 

I have a problem with my Dell Inspiron 15 5567 WiFi where it shows as enabled in Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections but in the Doc on the task bar on Windows 10 WiFi adapter does not show next to the Airplane Mode like usual. 

If you go to Settings > Status and click Network Reset and reboot the machine it does reappear but only for that session and the list of available networks does not show either it just shows No Wi-Fi devices found, I know for a fact there is available WiFi devices near the laptop.

I have also uninstalled the drivers and re-installed them from the Dell Support site, they showed successful installation however it just got me back to square one. Ethernet and other coms works fine. 

I did run a diagnostics on the WiFi adapter from control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections > right click diagnose and Windows did give me an error saying there might be a problem with the drivers for this wifi adapter, we also got the same message a few days ago before troubleshooting took place. Ive tried to run the tools from dell for the network adapter specifically however it wont complete its test and submit the results because it fails to connect to a wifi network. 

Any help would be appreciated also to note we did buy this only two months ago.

Thank you Liam

All Replies
  • Are you saying that you did not have the issue for two months, then it just appeared this week? Were there any software or driver updates installed prior to the issue appearing? Be sure that Airplane Mode is off by pressing FN + PrtScn. Does the WiFi icon then appear on the taskbar?

Social Media Support
    #IWork4Dell
    Driver help & FAQs